Junior Anglers Forum

Guest pikelines editor

Guest Peter Waller
Originally posted by pikelines editor:

Question for Elton,

At AN we have several forums set up for us adults??? What about a forum specifically for the kids? They are probably more 'IT' literate than most of us lot!

Best,

Problem is that this is a site peopled by adults. We have had, in recent months, two notable youngsters join in, the youngster from Ireland and Fish Slime. Have to say it, ALL of us, (99.9%) were either intollerant or we ignored them. Both have gone elsewhere. The Irish lad tried hard to come in at an adult level and failed miserably. Fish Slime was largely ignored. Shame, we were there once. The idea of a novices' site is a good one.

Guest fisherking

Eghrrm Peter take a look at the poster above yours and you will see that it is Tyrone one of our junior posters from Ireland.

He is a star in the making,a very clever and informative junior and adds a lot to the forums and is an avid member of the paltalk fishing group so to say that these youngsters are being ignored is really not true.

John.

p.s Tyrone how is the box and how are you doing on the match scene.

Guest big tinca

Hi Peter

That is not true!

Iam only young myself at 17 years old and i know there are a few more of us on here that are not adults but are'nt children either. like Fish Slime and Aero they are young too like myself.

I agree this site does lack youngsters but there are actually more here than you think1

------------------

Happy Tenching.

Big Tinca.

bigtinca@hotmail.com

Guest FishinMad2001

Hi John,

Where ya been lately? Anyways yea, the box is great best buy ive ever had in the angling business! Its real confortable too! Im doing better in the match angling, came second in a match last week, so I think its also bringing me luck!

And thats a good thing!!!

Oh Alan Fawcett sorry about the fiver I owe you, im just a lazy sod the last day or so and the problem with the last letter and that. Got the money off to you yesterday so it should be with you by friday. Video, got it today, its good and have watched it all already. have to watch it again though to take the tips in!

Thanks again Alan,

------------------

Tight Lines,

Tyrone, http://www.tackleshop.co.uk/

Guest Peter Waller
Originally posted by fisherking:

Eghrrm Peter take a look at the poster above yours and you will see that it is Tyrone one of our junior posters from Ireland.

Must be two Irish youngsters out there! Tyrone comes over well. Sounds an okay angler.

Guest FishinMad2001

Gee thanks Peter, not all Irish kids are bad news you know, and if you had cared to read to small print so to speak you may have realised this. May have picked up bad vibes here mate if so please enlighten me.

In the mean time,

------------------

Tight Lines,

Tyrone, http://www.tackleshop.co.uk/

Guest Peter Waller
Originally posted by FishinMad2001:

Gee thanks Peter, not all Irish kids are bad news you know, and if you had cared to read to small print so to speak you may have realised this. May have picked up bad vibes here mate if so please enlighten me.

In the mean time,

[/quote

Touch of confusion here, sorry. No offence was intended, far from it. Big appologies if I've made a mistake. Even bigger one if I have caused you grief. That was not my intention in any shape or form. There has been reference elsewhere on the forum to a youngster, who I thought came from Ireland, who upset a few of the regulars. Tyrone, there are no bad vibes here, and no cause for you to think otherwise. Chill out mate! Certainly nothing against Irish youngsters, no better & no worse than youngsters from any other country. My gripe was that two youngsters, who did come to this forum, one English, one Irish (I thought) didn't receive the attention that I thought they deserved. It was not, in any way, a critiscism of young folk, least of all from any one country, far from it. If you care to re-read my comments perhaps you will now see what I said in another light. Go to the 'AM returns, beware' thread on this forum, things might be clearer. You certainly have not read my posting in the spirit in which it was intended. There are a number of under twenty year old anglers on this forum who can talk as equels with any angler. Its hard to guess their age due to the quality of their postings.

[This message has been edited by Peter Waller (edited 07 June 2001).]

Guest pikelines editor

All,

Still think it would be a good idea, whats up are you lot frightened of being shown up by our budding youngsters?

Elton, any comment?

Best,

------------------

Steve Ormrod

Guest big tinca

Hi Everyone.

This is a very interesting topic indeed.

I really do think this site could do with promoting more youngsters to the site BUT how?

I am too puzzle with what happened to the Irish lad Andrew is it why did he just dissappear?

Hey Elton what are your views on this topic because i havent seen a reply are you going to consider the possability of a junior AN forum?

------------------

Happy Tenching.

Big Tinca.

bigtinca@hotmail.com

Guest phil dean

EH!!!

Tinc, if there'd been another forum, you wouldn't have told me not to fish a crap pond, and we wouldn't have met...and I couldn't wind you up any more, just imagine how dull life would be biggrin.gif