More pole questions

Guest Scott

Guest big tinca

Hi Scott.

Dave is right there are various bungs on the market made for adjusting your elastic to a different tension depending on the situation you face.

If you actually decide to buy and fit a bung were the elastic tension can be changed i strongly advise useing the ones called 'vesper'(or something like that?) thses are on of the best on the market and come at quite an affordable price.

Good Look in mastering the art of pole fishing!

------------------

Happy Tenching.

Big Tinca.

bigtinca@hotmail.com

Guest rondo
Originally posted by Dave Hill:

Scott,

Scot. if I have read this right.you are restarting using the original pole (5 Yr old)

if so check the original elastic rating if poss.they have change over the last few years with the arrival of carp puddles.A few years ago poles were for canal fishing and only fine elastic was used.The pole may not take a heavier elastic.

rondo . One other point to bear in mind is that you can 'alter' the way an elastic works by adjusting the tension of the elastic. For example, I sometimes use a 14-16 elastic set soft for carp, but if I am fishing against a snag I would tighten the elastic up to allow me to hit the bite and pull the fish away from the snag.

As TeePee mentioned, there are bungs available now that allows the tension to be adjusted on the fly...

Guest RUDD

Bob Nudds guide to pole fishing is an great book to buy if starting pole fishing.

It tells you everything you need to know from elasticating poles to the uses of different types of floats.

I use middy elastic which has a main line, hook lenght and species guide printed on the spool and it has never let me down.

RUDD

Guest Scott

Thanks Rudd (and everyone else)where can I get Bob Nudds book from, I dont think I have ever seen that one.

Scott.