I`m Bloody Freezing!! and what about at night?

craynerd

OK, i`m keen, i will battle the weather BUT my question is, what do i wear? I have sat on the banks in about 3 t shirts, 2 jumpers, and a thick army coat, pair of jeans and socks and boots, YET i`m still freezing my b0!!ocks off!

so my question is what should i wear, any good stuff available, aint a lot of ££ so can`t spend too much...but out of interest whats the best?

Also planning on spending a night out soon, when i get my carp rod....what will i need for that ?

Chris

[ 06. March 2005, 06:21 PM: Message edited by: craynerd ]

Here fishy fishy.......

140 hours of blanking at Carcus!! 2 carp runs and countless bream .

Anyone wanna chat about fishing and help a keen begginer - msn messanger - craynerd@hotmail.com

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Clothing look at http://www.mullarkeys.co.uk/

they have the Shakespeare thermal suit on offer this combined with a fleece base layer should keep you as warm as toast. You could couple this with thermal boots but I have reverted back to 4/5 seaon walking boots with decent socks as they are warmer and more comfortable to walk any distance in.

[ 06. March 2005, 06:47 PM: Message edited by: Tony U ]

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Chris

I had the shakespeare 2 piece thermal suit on on saturday. Does keep you very warm. The Derri boots I had on are very warm but a little uncomfortable to walk distances in. I am going to revert back to walking boots for walking distances. Have a look in IYCF I am sure you can get the suit in there for £30-£35.

Paul

I invested in a pair of 'wychwood lugger boots,last year for £35 and they are brilliant. Not had cold toes since. Very confortable too. I also brought a one piecs thermal suit about 5 years ago and it has been worth every penny. you could probabley get both for about £70-£80.

Effort equals reward!!

Nice one guys!

Thanks

Here fishy fishy.......

140 hours of blanking at Carcus!! 2 carp runs and countless bream .

Anyone wanna chat about fishing and help a keen begginer - msn messanger - craynerd@hotmail.com

shakespear sleep skin excellent stuff for night out don,t work in it though gets really hot .be careful if thinking of doing a night this time of year can be dangerous. cheers big al

british by birth ,english by the grace of god