Drennan Crystal Floats

Guest OregonDave

Guest Newt

Thanks DBob - good info.

I just finished making a batch of 10 floats for finding channel/blue catfish. Not sure if they would be sensitive enough for you folks though. Used 2 liter soda bottles. Put a handful of gravel in em. That way, I can lay em on their side in the water and they will stay that way until a fish cocks them. I can put out the group of floats with different baits and see if the fish are in a particular area. If not, put floats back in boat and move someplace else.

Excitment is when a fish can pull one of these completely under water and keep it down for a while. smile.gif

Guest OregonDave

DerwentBob - Thank you for your information. I think I want to try a loaded float. I also make my own floats, but the fish seem to have my number just now, at my local gravel pit.

Newt - Is that called, "juggin"? Using a series of floating jugs, each with its own hook, line, sinker (lead) and bait?

By law and by tradition, my state is somewhat different: One rod only, that must be closely attended to (if you are found sleeping in a tent (bivvy), it would be assumed the rod isn't closely attended). No chumming (feeding) allowed. On the other hand, my state allows the taking of such fish as carp by, "Angling, Hand, Bow and Arrow, Crossbow, Spear, Spear Gun, Gaff and Snag Hook". Makes sense? NO. I can legally kill and let rot thousands of carp using a bow and fishing arrow, but I cannot do a little feeding to catch and release my own, self-imposed, two-a-day-personal-limit. Let me emphasize "catch and release" and "self-imposed, two-a-day-personal-limit".

Yep, I probably could violate the law (worse yet tradition), and pitch a little hook bait out there, but I'm not inclined to do so.

Yep, if I grew up in a state that allowed feeding, multiple rods, sleeping out while fishing, I probably would do so. If I moved there, I probably wouldn't.

Doesn't make a lot of sense, but we have all been "fetched-up" differently.

Yes, I did kill two carp (and missed a couple of others) in about 1975, using a bow and fishing arrow. I still have that set-up. I stopped very quickly, when I decided if I was going to kill it, I'd have to eat it. I wasn't all that good of a shot, and needed a big target. Big target = lots of carp to eat.

Guest Elton

Oops! I joined this thread a bit late frown.gif

If anyone in the UK wants Drennan floats, this link will take you to a good selection. Not only that, this shop has helped AN in the past by providing prizes smile.gif

Tight lines,

Elton

------------------

Anglers' Net

Keeping It Virtual...

Guest Newt

Dave - it is indeed called Jugging or Jug Fishing. I'm a little surprised none of the UK folks had a comment to make about 2 liter jugs being used as floats though. smile.gif

Guest fish slime

Where the hell can i find them!!!i have surched 5 taclke shops in leeds and cant find a suplier.do i need to order them?

happy fishing

Guest OregonDave

Fish - Click on Newt's "Bankside" link above, from the 7th. Bankside has a bunch of them, with pictures and loading data. Might be easier to order from them, than going all over town, to be met with, "Huh?"