Whats the most expensive piece of equipment you own?

Guest AlanScotthornewannabe

Guest matt_shaw

Poster, i will call you 'Alan Scotthorne' Juniour. Mini me would have sounded corney! Reason being that im not Alan Scotthorne. However its good to see a like minded match angler on AN, im one of few on here.

My most expensive item of tackle is my pole. Unlike yours it is not top of the range, but the Faps Pentium 16m. This cost my dad £675 @ 14.5m and i bought the 16m extension. This pole was as good as the then Daiwa Tournament-S (this is 3 years back) im 19 now and always willing to learn new methods to improve my angling.

I have a question for you. Say you only had a 1/4 pint of pinky and 1/4 pint of red maggot, how would you approach the Northampton Arm canal (its only 11m wide). Thank-you wink.gif

------------------

ECO Timber Panels, Barn Way, Lodge Farm Ind. Estate

The ECO - lodgical choice for wood

Tel. (01604) 759222 Find us at http://www.Yell.com/

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest DerwentBob

I've bought most of my stuff either second-hand or during sales so I haven't spent more than £35 on any one item of tackle (and that was a Fox Micron MX alarm). My poncho runs a close second at £32-99. None of my rods or reels have cost more than £30 and almost all have been in half-price or less sales.

Guest MTP IN VA

I sold it a while back but I used to have a Ranger 318v Bass boat I paid $17,500 USD for...does that count?? biggrin.gif

Guest Adrian

Browning Champions Choice pole, rrp £2000.00, cost me £500.00.

Oh, and a Ford Mondeo Estate to get three peoples' kit in, If is wasnt for fishing, a smaller car would have sufficed.

Adrian

Cheers, Adrian

Guest phil dean

maverleve mustang pole, £250 and a bit of free advice on a lease (ANYONE ELSE?) sorry to shout, can't be bothered to change it.

Hi Alan by the way, welcome to AN (get out now whilst you still can)

daren't buy a pole for the price of yours as the carp up here have taken a liking to virtually everthing I put in, and new sections can be expensive enough. biggrin.gif

Guest big al

yeah pole for me cost around £600 ,but with extra top sections probably more like £800.brilo box fully kitted out say £400 .carp gear lots ,bit of a tackle tart cheers big al

Guest FishinMad2001

Maver Totality 14.5 metre pole. Not gonna tell you how much it cost! Dont wanna scare you! Especially as im a kid and having a pole like this will make you think im a spoiled brat!

Atually I was bought it by a series of realitives and my parents, who all pitched in to buy it for me, as a birthday preasent. It dont really count as buying it myself does it! biggrin.gif But along with my Shimano Stradic this would be my most expensive tackle item.

------------------

Tight Lines,

Tyrone, http://www.tackleshop.co.uk/

Guest Newt

My boat at $10,000 USD. 17ft, 50Hp outboard, 2 livewells for holding fish, 2 smaller livewells for holding live bait.

Next down would be I think a Shimano 3500 Baitrunner fixed spool reel at $100 USD.

I had to have a boat since I can't cast 150 yds and can't manage a 14mtr pole. smile.gif

Guest paul mc

Hi all

My most expensive piece of tackle would have to be my pole as well, it's a shimano perfection carp cruncher at 12.5m for £250.Money well spent as far as im concerned.

Regards Paul Mc

Guest Graham E

It was probably a leased SAS 727 to take a few friends to Norway for a weeks cod and halibut fishing.

It was 47k but I did go halves with a friend and it was on expenses.