Bite Alarm LEDs

Guest DerwentBob

Guest DerwentBob

Just a quick idea in case the manufacturers are listening. I have a Fox Micron MX which is very nice but the LED is only available in blue. Since white LEDs are widely available now wouldn't it make sense to provide all alarms with a white LED and some self adhesive coloured filters. Not only do you get to choose the colour after purchase the retailer doesn't have to stock three types of each alarm. Seems like good sense to me but what do you think.

Guest big al

they like the differant ones so people buy differant colours ,i know of one guy with three blue and three white just to look good .cheers big al

Guest poledark

Thats becos different carp prefer different colours isn,t it?

poledark

I,m going to watch the footy now, ENGLAND, ENGLAND, ENGLAND

Guest Pinkeye

It may seem a little trivial in the scheme of things but, a standard colour LED is about £0.02 each to buy. By standard I mean red, yellow or green.

A blue or white LED comes in at about about £0.60.

(I am talking here about volume purchasing as Fox or any other alarm manufacturer would do as opposed to a trip down to Tandy)

I would therefore imagine that the prefered colours for LED by the alarm manufacturers would be one of the standard ones.

I know 60p is not a great lot of money but, multiply that by several thousand and Fox would have a far higher component cost to bear.

Mind you there is no difference to buying white than blue so what am I on about??

[This message has been edited by Pinkeye (edited 07 June 2001).]

Guest Gaffer

Hi DerwentBob, I bought Total Carp today, with it came a Fox catalogue.

In the catalogue, page24, is the new Fox Ultron bite alarm.

The Ultron X5 model has an LED with 5 different coloured LED lens covers!

Sorry mate, if you'd thought of that a while back, well, ya never know, you could be sat on a beach in Hawai! wink.gif

------------------

All the best,

Gaffer

Guest Richard Harvey

Hi all, I borrowed two Delkims off my son last year to do a bit of night fishing with a mate(i normally lure fish !) and one was white LED and the other was blue.

When you had a run and the LED's lit-up they lit -up the whole bankside and blinded your nite vision for about 5 minutes, nearly fell in afew times and i think i suffed arc-eye for a while LOL!Richard.