Is This Fishing?

Guest Wazzy

Guest crakemarsh
Originally posted by phonebush:

Phil,

You have stepped right over my point. Wazzy is or was a new poster. Certainly new posters are welcome. Innocently, he said, "maybe I have missed the point".

Before he could reel his line in he was an idiot.

Would not an explanation of the point he missed in the article in a more gentle and patronizing way have been more appropriate. At least until you knew for sure he was indeed an idiot.

After re-reading the entire thread, do you think Wazzy will be back?

Phone

isnt this a case of sour grapes get off your backside come back in ten years when you fail to catch a double figure bream

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Gaffer
Originally posted by Stewart Bloor:

No problem with what Terry did - each to their own and all that. But I notice from the article that he fished with 4 rods and each rod had a rig that comprised 2 hooks. My questions are : Is this permissible, ie fishing 8 hooks? Isn't it the same as fishing 8 rods? Why not fish multiple hooks on 1 rod, say 10, or even 20 strung out across the lake? Where are the legal limits? Does Terry need 4 EA licences? Can you have that many?

Wow, after all those questions, I'm going to take a rest....

I too don't have a problem with what Terry did, but I'd be interested to know the answers to Stewart Bloors questions above....is it legal? confused.gif

------------------

All the best,

Gaffer

Guest Paul Williams

Yes it is legal, at least in that area.

This particular pit has been fished in this style well before Terry appeared, by me for one! and yes i did catch!

Why are so many always prepared to question others even when they themselves do things that are definetly not allowed????????

Guest phil dean

Sorry, but you can't say others do things that aren't allowed without details...not fair

As to the rigs etc, my main concern is, if the pre;baiting is very successful, there could be numerous runs at once, I just hope other rods are brought in if the fishing gets busy.

Just to say hi to all the new posters, this is anglers net at its best and worst, please say what you think, but be prepared to back up your comments, 'cos there's some bright people out there, who'll cut you down (hopefully very politely biggrin.gif if you don't think out what you want to say. I know from bitter experience, but carry on, they wont hold it against you.

Guest Paul Williams

OK for starters....gorge baiting for pike, rods spread out in two or even three swims, pike and zander thrown up the bank, i could go on, but they are illegal!!!!!

The water in question does respond to good thoughtful prebaiting, i used three rods when i fished it but often reduced it to two, the use of two hook rigs enabled me to test up to four baits or to improve my chances when the going was slow and believe me the going can get very slow when double figure bream are the target.

Chris (Shaw) do you honestly believe that it just the gear that makes such captures possible? if so it is readily available as are the waters that hold the fish.

Guest Wazzy

I dont mind starting a decent debate and I was certainly not having a go at Terry Lampard. As I said in my initial post, its just a style of fishing thats completely alien to me and I wanted to hear other peoples views. I just happen to think that fishing involves at least casting in yourself. The only thing I dont agree with is the watercraft bit. Since when did watercraft involve rowing a boat and reading a screen to look for features. I used to sea fish and obviously skippers need fish finders as the North sea is a bit bigger than 100 acres.

Guest Andy Thatcher

Phil I have used double hooks rigs on quite a few waters. The reason I use these rigs in those particular waters is that they are just plain hard. If there was a remote chance of getting two runs in a season I'd be happy. OK I am stretching a point but not by much. For example I fished a 19 acre water for roach last winter. 22 trips and not a bleep. Just could not track them down but a double hook rig gave me the oportunity to ensure it wasn't bait. I have never had 2 runs at the same time and if snags were an issues I'd revert to single.

Maybe not your idea of fun but I will catch one of those roach. To be honest I don't care any more what size it is but I will get one !

Guest Graham E

Surely this is all about the perceived value of the fish caught vs. the tecnique.

I would not dream of using a 2 hook rig or using a boat to enable me to catch. I would rather cast out using the rod and fish with a method I consider sporting. However, if the catcher targets specific fish by a particular method and succeeds, congrats to him. That's what he wants, fine. You certainly would not want to catch a bream for the fight! so there has to be more than that aspect to have any challenge.

To me personally it matters not a jot.

Guest lure freak

its not my cup of tea, but you do have to be good at winding in!

Originally posted by Wazzy:

Article in AT today with Terry Lampard Bream fishing. The man catches some phenomenal fish but in article, gets to lake, takes out boat to find a feature to fish to, baits up feature from boat and then rows out baits to position them from boat. Sits in bivvy and rows out again in morning to see bait has been eaten so baits up again and catches 2 double figure Bream. Total time spent fishing is three days. Is there skill in this i.e casting in would be a start, or is it just having the time to spend on the bank. This isn't a dig at Terry Lampard but to me there doesnt seem to be a lot of actual angling involved, or maybe Im missing the point.