Is This Fishing?

Guest Wazzy

Guest phonebush

Chris, UK guys!

Odd how we view "sporting". I was taught chumming was cheating very much the equal to using explosives to stun fish then net them from a boat. Only the crudest meat fisherman would chum.

Along the point made by Paul. I am "fishing" as soon as I begin preparation for the culmination of the event. That is to say, when I get dressed to go, the trip enroute, etc. And, I am still fishing until my gear is put up from that particular event. I suppose one could say "catching" involves only "hooking" but that's not fishing.

Phone

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest trent.barbeler

Dear All,

Forgive my as yet none involvement on this thread but I have been away on holiday.

One thing that interested me first after scanning down the list of those who have contributed to this topic is the list of names who have NOT given an opinion concerning Terry Lampard's article in AT regarding his bream fishing adventures.

Boat fishing, baiting up using a boat? I have no problem with that where and when it is permitted by those who control the fishing.

What DOES give me cause for concern, and it always has,

is the type of rig illustrated within the article.

Bream anglers can make as many comparisons as they like but to me, the rig appearing in Terry Lampard's article is anything but safe.

Some anglers, myself being one, have campaigned for some time now to stop such rigs appearing in the weekly press.

I now find it very strange that none of those known to me have posted on this thread to openly air their views on this subject.

As I have said before on many occasions, hang me high if you like but I cannot for the life of me see how this kind of rig could be of the type considered safe or as safe as could be for the fish itself.

I am aware that my comments will have scorn poured over them by some. Thats OK because if needed, I can go through a whole list of horror situations that this type of rig can cause.

Steve Pope once said the silence is golden sometimes. Sometimes, it is no doubt but I for one will not stay silent over something I believe is plain wrong.

Guest Paul Williams

Lee,

In what way do you think Terry's rig is dangerous?

The one that Stef Horak displayed in a recent similar article was very definatly a tether rig in that the hooklink could not slide in the event of a break.....but looking at Terry's it could well slide if set up correctly.....emphasis on "if" though!