The six page limit, baaaaaa, the CA continued!

Peter Waller

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Calm down Alan, aggression will simply get you an aggressive response, then you get one of those eye bulge moments, call me a silly name and the thread gets closed.

THE BBC

Alan Stubbs said 'Argyll, you are indeed a master of the tactic of ignoring facts which undermine your argument'

I truly havn't a clue what you are talking about, so that makes two of us. Honestly Alan that's a statement that you've rushed off without considering what you wanted to say.

Take your time we can wait. Now tell me which facts I've ignored.

Alan Stubbs said 'He wasn't being rewarded for being a crook - he was being rewarded for giving his version of events. "

If Fearon hadn't been a crook, would the BBC have wanted to pay him £4500 appearance money ?

I think not. Alan you really are having a larf (deliberate misspelling...thought I should point that out just in case it becomes an issue with you as before) Crime occasionally pays apparently. I dont recall anything other than a wave of revulsion from the public at large and in the background a suitably embarrassed No 10 made sure pressure was put on the producers of this programme to cancel it. Now please don't give me the 'even handed BBC' speech again, nobody these days believes that the BBC isn't inspired or led by the politics of its production teams. Thats why they get into trouble so often. Thats why the BBC Board of Governors was disbanded at the beginning of March. We are talking about an organisation that exists on public licence money and yet refuses to show fishing on TV and has effectively demoted its radio coverage of fishing to sweet FA. How even handed is that. How about this too '

BBC apologises for “endorsing” animal rights groups Friday, 17 December 2004

The Editor and Publisher of BBC Wildlife magazine have apologised* for implying that the magazine supported the agenda of animal rights groups. Peter Phippen, Managing Director of BBC Magazines, replied on behalf of BBC Director General Michael Grade.

Yes I know the newspapers made folk heroes out of the great train robbers and paid them as you rightly pointed out. But they didn't do it with my money and I never condoned that action either as I carefully pointed out to you. Ignoring the evidence I think you said, take a good look in the mirror

Alan Stubbs said 'You want the evidence? I thought not'

In retrospect a silly thing to say really, dont you think? I'm glad you're not a County Court Judge, nobody would make it out alive. Well except for the odd Fenland burglar or two. Asking a question then answering yourself might fool a four year old, but you'll have to do better on here.

That is, as far as I'm concerned, an end to the BBC saga on this thread. If you want to debate it further why not start another thread. That would be more than fair to those that want to debate the CA/FACT on this one.

Peter, quoting the Angling Times in a light that suits you now, will eventually come back to haunt you. But no I havn't read the Angling Times since bent pins went out of fashion.

Please enlighten me as to what it said. Facts mind...no opinions :)

[ 27. March 2005, 06:42 PM: Message edited by: argyll ]

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

slodger:

Dave Lumb,

Being one of those who took the opportunity to use the PAC standard letter I'm a little offended by your inference that I should have made the effort to write a letter of my own.

Don't be so touchy... :) That wasn't my intended to be inference at all. In fact I applaud you for using the PAC draft letter - as it's obvious that most who knew about it didn't.

I was merely wondering how many would have written had there not been a standardised letter - undoubtedly far fewer.

Oh, it might surprise you that I too would rather go fishing than spend time arguing about angling politics. As, I am sure most angling politicians would - or at least I hope that's the case.

Dave

dlstsig.png

slodger:

'It's not a personal vendetta, but you can't debate with someone who seems pathologically incapable of being wrong about something'

...then don't ??... :)

I guess you're right. All I wanted was him to acknowledge that he got it wrong, but he's obviously too full of intellectual constipation and verbal diahorroea or just not man enough.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

'I was merely wondering how many would have written had there not been a standardised letter - undoubtedly far fewer.'

Probably me for one, if I'm honest Dave. :o

Point taken, I'll put me toys back in the pram then... :D

Slodger (Chris Hammond.)

'We should be fishin'

'I guess you're right. All I wanted was him to acknowledge that he got it wrong, but he's obviously too full of intellectual constipation and verbal diahorroea or just not man enough.'

I take it he's got you beaten then Alan. :rolleyes:

Slodger (Chris Hammond.)

'We should be fishin'

Chris don't have a pop at the effectiveness of the PAC letter, otherwise I wont let take you take me fishing again :D It was a good effort which served members and non members alike.

'Chris don't have a pop at the effectiveness of the PAC letter, otherwise I wont let take you take me fishing again'

I wasn't Gerry, just the opposite in fact, it came in handy for a 'Knuckle Scraper' like me. :D

Slodger (Chris Hammond.)

'We should be fishin'

slodger:

'I guess you're right. All I wanted was him to acknowledge that he got it wrong, but he's obviously too full of intellectual constipation and verbal diahorroea or just not man enough.'

I take it he's got you beaten then Alan. :rolleyes:

No, I have to respond in terms he'll understand. :rolleyes:

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

'Constipation and diahorroea' ..at the same time? You see its true Alan, you just dont think these things all of the way through do you ?

Meanwhile Peter 'Cadfael' Waller is running through his collection of Angling Times looking for the evidence :D