The six page limit, baaaaaa, the CA continued!

Peter Waller

I'm still 'the sort of man that shoots foxes'!

Under new Bliar legislation, I'm told that the foxes are being equipped to shoot back :D Theres already a fox in Hertfordshire that has been trained to attack dogs.

The deadbait ban is a ban on freshwater deadbaits and livebaits in the Lake District.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I presume that is dead freshwater fish as baits, but sprats are still OK?

When did that happen?

I knew about livebaits in the Lake District!

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

argyll:

The deadbait ban is a ban on freshwater deadbaits and livebaits in the Lake District.

Same for Gipping Angling Preservation Society in Suffolk.

Must endeavour to find out why, one day.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Theres a livebait ban and you're sitting there with a bucket of roach hoping nobody noticed.

You spot a bailiff approaching, whip the livebaits out of the bucket and bang them over the head. Instant deadbaits and the bailiff can't touch you.....unless theres a coarse deadbait ban too. You will of course hear official versions which usually are vaguely about transference of waterborne disease from other waters.

[ 31. March 2005, 03:04 AM: Message edited by: argyll ]

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

That's the thing about bans, they don't affect the ones who were doing dodgy stuff prior to them, just the law-abiding folks.

Anyone moving lives before such a ban would continue to do so, I'm sure.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Dear Dave,

Was it your twin brother at those meetings then?

Might I ask Dave, were you a tad surprised that the NAA army didn't turn up for predator anglings "Culloden" in the North West? Must have been cold waiting in the mist for the sound of drums that never came.

Did you feel let down? Did you feel that the NAA was working in the principles it was supposedly designed to work?

I remember the time when I campaigned for the retention of the rivers close season in SACG as the Barbel Catchers Club representative. I asked the SACG for support and a vote was taken. You were the only one at that meeting who refused to support the retention of the rivers close season. Fair enough. A short time later you and Mark asked an assembled SACG meeting for support over the NW live bait issue. Without reservation, and the memory that you refused to support the BCC over the rivers close season, I immediately voiced my support for your campaign and support for predator anglers everywhere that wanted to continue to employ live baits. If you recall, I asked Mark for around twenty copies of the PAC official response hoping to draft other BCC members into supporting your cause. Upon returning home that Sunday evening, I telephoned a “high ranking” officer in the BCC seeking clarification on any live baiting stance the club might have before I wrote my SACG report which I wanted to include a call for support in the case of the predator anglers. I was told in no uncertain terms by this officer that in his considered “opinion”, the BCC would “NEVER” support live baiting. Frankly Dave, his response made me sick to the pit of my stomach.

You might be heartened to know though I filled in all the PAC forms and sent the lot of under assumed names. (NOT in the BCC name I might add) OK, so it wasn’t exactly “cricket” but neither was the ban so I thought “stuff em”. Still do! Furthermore Dave, no matter what you might think of me, or the type of fishing I prefer, I would never, EVER, leave my brother anglers to fight battles over their fishing freedoms. NEVER.

Now there’s just two “glaring” examples of a gross lack of disunity in political angling even though the issue was/is extremely important to predator angling.

Do such glaring examples of disunity reign inside the Countryside Alliance? Indeed ANY examples?

Peter Waller and friends are extremely fond of pulling the Countryside Alliance down. But the reality is the Countryside Alliance NEVER EVER walk away when one of their numbers is in trouble. And it’s this steadfastness against adversity that will endear the Countryside Alliance to many others encouraging them to become CA members. People are getting sick and tired of organisations that constantly fall out with each other, or refuse to fight each others corners when the crunch finally comes. People want strength and determination from those who lead. Not rehash after rehash and pathetic attempts all designed to keep the “fall out” club together. Where’s the strength in that? Where’s the leadership? And where’s the unity when the crunch comes? But more importantly, where’s the long term future for angling in these renamed reformed quangos?

The Countryside Alliance is strong and is led by strong people. These people don’t walk away when the going gets tough or fail to support their brothers and sisters because “their sport” is not their own.

If I am going to support political efforts aimed at protecting my sport, I want strength of leadership. I expect to help fund those efforts expecting at the same time others doing the same will come to my aid if my fishing ways become threatened. I want total unity from any organisation that represents my fishing interests.

Regards,

Lee.

You accuse me of pulling the CA down Lee, maybe, maybe not. All I have ever said was that it is wrong for the CA to campaign, unasked, on behalf of angling, wrong for the CA to use angling as it has. It is seen as a 'fox hunting' body & I have no wish to be associated with that. But if the CA wishes to join FACT, then although I'll probably moan, that must be the prefered route, surely? The CA will then be working WITH angling rather than using angling. You will probably prove me wrong, but I'm not sure that I have ever critiscised the CA for it's other campaigns.

[ 31. March 2005, 09:05 PM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

"I don't know one single pike angler from the North West either. "

I'm from the North-West, and I fish for pike sometimes, wouldn't want to be called a "pike angler" though.....far to up their own *****

:D

[ 01. April 2005, 09:30 AM: Message edited by: awaaar ]

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields