I'm chuffed

Guest ALAN FAWCETT

Guest ALAN FAWCETT

I went to a friends pool today & caught me a new PB Rudd (sorry about the pic being a bit crap but the sun came out at the wrong time)

PB%20with%20tin.jpg

It was 3/4's of a pound not huge but still a PB for me!! biggrin.gif

ps: the fag tins to give a rough estimate of its size

------------------

TROGG (Alan)

[This message has been edited by ALAN FAWCETT (edited 08 June 2001).]

Guest darrell.cook

Nice one Al!

It looks gobsmacked,but I guess it would with you looking down at it wink.gif

[This message has been edited by darrell.cook (edited 08 June 2001).]

Guest poledark

Well done Allan, probably the best looking of our native fish. If youv'e got time I'll tell you a story about a rudd.

I was 13 and playing truant( i always played truant) and was fishing at Keston lakes and chucked a float fished worm out to the middle and caught an 8 or 9 ounce rudd.

There was a chap about 20 fishing at the end of the lake, his rod was propped up on a rest and he was fishing floating crust.

I showed him my fish and we chatted about fishing. It turned out he was fishing for CARP. This was 1950. He showed me the carp basking in the lillys and that was it, I became a carp angler, and a pike spinner and a barbel angler. We fished for Salmon, Cod, Bass and flatties. Up to Shingle Street for the Skate,little Kentish brooks for wild brownies and loads more that I cant recall at the moment

In the early 50's we would travel from Croydon to Brighton and even further for a days fishing, most people only did that when they went on holiday. Wonderful years, wonderful bloke, he will be remembered, he is listed in The History of Carp Fishing.

Sadly he died in his sleep aged only 50, and I have to admit that fishing has never been the same for me since.

Anyway thanks for the pic Allan, it revived some very happy memories

poledark