What do you want to see in a fishing magazine advert ???

Guest Chris Woodrow

Guest Chris Woodrow

I was thumbing through the mags as usual, and to be honest, I flick straight by the various shops adverts listing pages of or very long lists of items...pretty boring in my opinion.

What do you want to see in an advert ?? What would make you think of contacting that shop or website ?? Lists of stuff, cheapo imported 'crap', half naked models, pictures of big fish, "Trust your uncle"..yeah, right !!, Discounts ??

Would be interested to know the general feeling.

Cheers fellas

Chris 'Essex Man' Woodrow

Guest mpbdsnu

Fully naked models actually!! eek.gif

Actually, pictures of big fish really put me right off as if thats the be all and end all!!!

I hate to see "price on application" and such like.

I would prefer straight up prices and no gimmicks. I also don't like to se the likes of "buy this rod and get this reel free" - what is really meant is that neither are worth the money their advertised for and/or the shop concerned can't get rid of them.

Do you want me to go on?

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Guest Gaffer
Originally posted by Chris Woodrow:

What do you want to see in an advert ??

Preferably not one of my ideas/inventions, that I haven't recieved a penny for! mad.gif (yet!)

Gaffer(close to tears! frown.gif )

when i want to check prices of a reel or hooks or something, then i may sift through the 'adverts', but i have never bought anything advertised in a fishing mag, just because it say's 'it works'.

the only time i really look at adverts is when i am actually looking for something specific.

my fishing mags also seem to follow a specific lifecycle,

-i look at the articles that most interest me first,

then i read the less interesting articles,

then look at the waters guides that most mags now feature. i then read it all the way through.

usually at this point it falls apart, so i bin it and wait 29 days for the next issue!-

or go and buy a different one.