Is fishing, just about catching fish?

Guest big tinca

Guest big tinca

Hi everyone,

When i go fishing to whatever venue i go to relax and hopefully catch some fish too!

But you see some people who pump in the bait just to catch fish.

Is fishing just about catching fish?

What do you think?

------------------

Happy Tenching.

Big Tinca.

bigtinca@hotmail.com

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Simon Newbould
Originally posted by big tinca:

Is fishing just about catching fish?

No, definitely not....but then I would say that!!!! biggrin.gif

Simon

Guest Mike_pk_Waters

I treat it as therapy for work, relax enjoy and unwind. If I catch well so much the better. Actually my best results happen when I am totally relaxed and unwound. But each to there own. If you take time to look around there is more to life than stress !!

------------------

Life is not a dress rehearsal, enjoy it

Guest phil dean

Quick example, I was very nervous on Saturday, my best man ewas sick of my pacing by 8am, so took me to a local lake.

I fished for one hour, caught nothing but my whole state had changed to that of a relaxed sloth, by the time of the wedding I'd just about about got back to the sate I had been in, but the fishing time gave me the "chill" i needed.

It's great to catch fish, but it's even better to go fishing.

Guest Mike aka Bigman

Fishing for me is a way of unwinding, yes, its nice to catch and even better to get a pb, but its not the b all and end all of game.

Being on the bankside on a beautiful morning watching the sun rise or observing the wildlife are all part of it . Having said all that ...

It is very easy to forget the relaxing side of angling and become obsessive about catching that big one, especially if your fishing buddy is that way inclined

------------------

Regards, Mike.

SACG member

[This message has been edited by Mike aka Bigman (edited 11 June 2001).]

Guest Elton

Quite often when I fish at Burkey's place, the fishing is secondary. I go there to sleep under canvas and unwind by day.

Some people don't "agree" with that, but I don't harm anyone and I go home happy. If I catch a fish, that's even better, but it's not the be-all and end-all for me.

Tight lines (or maybe not),

Elton

------------------

Anglers' Net

Keeping It Virtual...

Guest Spiderfan

It can be relaxing (chuck out a stringer and read a book), or entertaining (bait up and chase mixer feeders) or intense (stalk and float-fish lobworm in the margins). It can be hard work, cerebrally challenging and frustrating one day and great fun, simple and satisfying the next.

Fishing can be whatever you want it to be. smile.gif

Guest Adrian

Catching is only part of it.

For me, the surroundings are very important. I want to somewhere that is as different as possible to London. That means somewhere quiet, with pleasant countryside, wildlife, and no traffic. There are plenty of productive venues that I shy away from because they just are not such pleasant places to be.

Cheers, Adrian

Guest RONAN

Fishing to me is taking a kid or "tribe" (LOL) of kids and watching them catch hold of a fish that is practically dragging them to the waters edge, and then to hear them out-brag each other, on the way home, about who had the biggest or toughest fight...(LOL)

RONAN