9lb tench - who fancies a go?

Guest Steve Burke

Guest Steve Burke

I was lucky enough to catch a 9-04 tench at Wingham this weekend, and the females have been averaging just under 7lbs. Who reading this fancies a go?

As regular readers know I have an Open Weekend on the Coarse Lake at Wingham each year. It doesn't matter if you post or not, if you're reading this you're invited. The lake is rarely fished and so even though it's 40 acres I restrict it to 30 anglers on any given day of the fish-in.

At last year's event Steve Randles caught a 10lb 10z bream that Bruno Broughton aged at just 8 years old - probably the youngest double ever by a considerable margin!

Unfortunately, the tench were spawning at last year's event so I'm going to have the Open Weekend in September this year. There's already a bash that many of you are going to the first weekend in September (my original date) so it'll be the second or third weekend from Friday though to Sunday. You can come for as short or as long a time as you'd like, and you can either bivvy up or sleep in the newly-renovated clubhouse which has a kitchen, toilets and a shower.

The question is which date would you lot prefer, the second or third weekend of September? I'd prefer the 2nd weekend, but appreciate that some of you won't be able to make two weekends away in a row.

------------------

Wingham Fisheries

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/fisheries/wingham.htm

[This message has been edited by Steve Burke (edited 11 June 2001).]

Guest big tinca

Hi Steve,

I'd love the chance to catch a fish of that size and proporation ( my PB being only around 3lb) but being aged just 17 i lack the transport required to get down there, sorry Steve.

but i hope everyone who goes down there has a smashing days fishing ive seen your site and the venue looks like a really pleasent and exciting place to fish!

------------------

Happy Tenching.

Big Tinca.

bigtinca@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by big tinca (edited 11 June 2001).]

Guest Mike aka Bigman

Would love to come for the w/e, I don't mind what dates, I'll go with the flow.

Would non fishing partners be allowed ?

it might make it easier to get my pass signed biggrin.gif

fishb_e0.gif

------------------

Regards, Mike.

SACG member

Guest darrell.cook

Sounds too good an offer to refuse! biggrin.gif

I'm sure Gray Catchpole and myself will travel from South Wales.

Mr.Burke you're a gentleman!

Guest Elton

I'd definitely try to get there smile.gif

Hope that doesn't put too many off tongue.gif

Elton

------------------

Anglers' Net

Keeping It Virtual...

Guest Mike_pk_Waters

I am going to try, its so close to home. How long is the waiting list to join currently ???

------------------

Life is not a dress rehearsal, enjoy it

Guest Steve Burke
Originally posted by Mike_pk_Waters:

I am going to try, its so close to home.  How long is the waiting list to join currently ???

There's no waiting list on the Coarse Lake except for a night ticket. For one of those it's dead man's shoes! However, on a "daytime" ticket you can fish up to 11pm and start again at first light. Cost is currently £50 which will cover until next March. Further details on the website, click on the link below.

On the Carp Lake there's a short waiting list, but anyone who applies now is likely to get in either next March or the year after.

------------------

Wingham Fisheries

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/fisheries/wingham.htm

Guest Alan Pearce

Well done Steve, I too have just had my first nine, in fact two at 9lbs and 9lb-07ozs. Along with a stackof sevens and six 8's all from a near virgin water. Just goes toprove that like Wingham, tench are getting bigger by themselves and not just on bait.

Here's to a double mate.

Alan.