Views

Guest Elton

Guest Elton

The number of views of each thread will now be shown.

Many thanks to my mate Tom for sorting that biggrin.gif

Elton

------------------

Anglers' Net

Keeping It Virtual...

Guest fisherking

Eh the next thing you know we will actually be able to see how many members are viewing and who they are.

Also can be rigged to show how many non members are out there lurking at any one time.

John.

Guest Elton

All that's possible, but a bit too 'Big Brother' for me smile.gif

All the best,

Elton

------------------

Anglers' Net

Keeping It Virtual...

Guest Elton
Originally posted by phil dean:

So what does the "views" counter show, how many people have looked at the thread?

Got it in one smile.gif

Guest shaca

Bit disappointing to know that loads of people have read your posting and none replied though...

I'd have kept going back to see if anyone had seen it, but now I know nobody cares...

Shaca

Guest mpbdsnu

I think its an excellent idea Elton - it gives an idea of how much of an interest is shown in the type of subject matter up for discussion! The ratio of views to posts should give a clear indication of what is of the most interest, and it might help with future decisions regarding possible new forums, ie carp!

Guest NickInTheNorth

Nice feature. Good to be able to see how popular a thread is.

Don't know if you have noticed it but there is a problem with topics that are on more than one page. The views counter doesn't seem to update.

Thought you may like to know. Tried it on 3 topics with multiple pages, same result counter stays at 0.

Nick

I can see why it does that, I shall have to have a think about the simplest way to fix it.

Ta for the bad news smile.gif