PAC (only those interested please)

Guest G. Reaper

Guest Mr L J Silver
Originally posted by G. Reaper:

I put the bit "only those interested please" because there are a lot of people who find this whole thing boring and are fed up to the molars with it - if that's you - please don't moan because to others who hold pike angling dear - this is important!   Where else can those involved in the upheaval of the PAC say their piece?   Whether people are for or against something - in this case the current outlook of PAC - there is no other medium where both sides can have their voices heard and points argued 'real-time' by concerned individuals.

One problem with this way of communicating is that it can quickly become a vehicle for the hide my name "tee hee hee" artists or those that want to lower an argument to gutter level.  What is necessary with this sort of debate is that issues are raised and preferably points that are based on fact.  If this relates to people or their actions, then that is relevant - it relates to the matters in hand and the part some may have played in them - it's no use people crying "Foul" that only takes us back to the old adage of kitchens and not liking heat.

Hopefully, over the next few days all arguments will cease because things will have moved on and will be seen to have moved on.  In the meantime, there are still a few things still unsaid that need saying.

Ray Farrell

The only comment worth making about the PAC at this time is this! Neville Fickling should resign because his reinstatement was wrong and over-riding the previous committee. Had it been an unknow angler fishing a water with a fish KILL rule he would never see the light of day as a member of the PAC!

Guest Alan Pearce

Sorry Long John I think what you say is unfair and I am sure that anglers like NJF would have supported anyone in that situation. Once again you also forget all the work that people like Nev have contributed to pike fishing during tha past 30 odd years.

Guest Mr B Beard!
Originally posted by Paul Williams:

As someone looking in and trying to follow this thread:-

Ray,  Mike is right you know, you write so much and say so little!!  

you chose a public forum so as both Mike and Leon say what do you want????

Will MALC31 be secretary of all the new clubs he is forming. Is he a secretaryaholic?

Guest pikelines editor

Re: Mr Silvers comments...

"The only comment worth making about the PAC at this time is this! Neville Fickling should resign because his reinstatement was wrong and over-riding the previous committee. Had it been an unknow angler fishing a water with a fish KILL rule he would never see the light of day as a member of the PAC!"

Please let me enlighten you on a few

FACTS.

1. Neville's re-instatement to PAC came as a bi-product of a much bigger issue, that of creating UNITY within PAC and the Pike Angling World. This, as a positive step forward for our part in overall Angling UNITY. It was done for no other reason.

Where would Neville's resignation leave us?, right back where we started, un-unified and squabbling over who should be heard on behalf of Pike Anglers within the political arena.

2. Several other 'not so well known' anglers who were PAC members at the time were also barred membership from PAC for fishing Blithfield under rules that contravened the PAC constitution and code of conduct.

They were barred membership for 1 calendar year. The 1 year ban passed and each individual received a personal letter from PAC, stating that the ban was over with and they were more than welcome to re-apply for membership.

Let the light of day shine brightly!

------------------

Steve Ormrod

Guest Eric Edwards

Bit disappointed in you there Steve, lending credence to that guy's comment by replying.

Personally, I won't respond to someone who hides behind a joke name.

Anyone who hasn't the courage to sign his name hasn't the courage of his convictions in my view.

Eric

p.s., time this thread closed, it was all a storm in a teacup.

Guest Paul Williams
Originally posted by Mr B Beard!:

Will MALC31 be secretary of all the new clubs he is forming. Is he a secretaryaholic?

I might be a thick bathtub but how the heck is that relavant to what i said.....you know what....i am begining to understand carp anglers better than you lot!!!

Guest Peter Waller

At one time, until fairly recently, it looked like this thread had gone full circle and that common sense was beginning to shine through all the brown stuff. And then it takes just one prat to set the ball rolling downhill once again. For heavens sakes, if you haven't got something constructive to add then may I suggest that you quite simply keep quiet. All the crap that needs to be flung has been flung. Many of us, me included, have been, with good cause, pretty vitreolic over this matter, but its behind us now, where it belongs.

Guest Gaffer
Originally posted by Paul Williams:

.....you know what....i am begining to understand carp anglers better than you lot!!!

I'll take that as a compliment! wink.gif

------------------

All the best,

Gaffer

Guest pikelines editor

Eric,

Thanks for the advice, point taken.

Note the smiley on my posting, just about sums this all up! Credence is given to the truth, not some cowardly comments made from even more supposition and mis-information.

Time this thread ended I think, Yawn!

Best,

------------------

Steve Ormrod