Anyone got any good hemp recipes?

Guest doc_tench

Guest doc_tench

Picked up this bottle of mainline Activator(you carpies will no what it is) from my mate,he uses 12ml to 1lb of active 8 base mix,thought about mixing it in with my hemp!

Has anyone else done similar things with there hemp,i love the stuff and think its good enough as it is, i just fancy a change!

any ideas??

Good fishing smile.gif

Guest Paul Williams

Doc,

I honestly believe that we would do more harm than good by messing with hemp.....they love it as it is!!

Guest Mike_pk_Waters

Teaspoon of salt and teaspoon of sugar per lb (or should that be 2.2 teaspoons per kilo). Salt is a known appetite stimulator and everything that swims (except pike,perch or zander) seems to have a sweet tooth (can that be right) smile.gif

------------------

Life is not a dress rehearsal, enjoy it

[This message has been edited by Mike_pk_Waters (edited 11 June 2001).]

Guest Andy Thatcher

I have used it at 15ml per kilo with a handful of Activ8 Response Pellets and 3 handfuls of trout pellets. Had a nice catch of tench fishing 10ml Activ8 boilies over it.

Give it a go !

Guest Grubby_Fisherman

Doc, Personally I think that Pauls advice is best. Why mess with one of the best natural baits there is. Only thing I do is usually add some sweetcorn to my hemp.

Guest Andy Thatcher

Sometimes an experiment works sometimes it doesn't as long as it doesn't do any harm what's the harm !

Guest doc_tench

Oh God!! what was i thinking Activ 8 and hemp surely not!!

I think this is a sinister plot by my mate to make me become a carpie

Activator and boilies --- yes

Activator and Hemp--------No

My poor old grandpa would turn in his grave!!

Paul redface.gifredface.gifredface.gifwink.gif

I put some vanilla essence in with mine when I cooked some to go in my groundbait for the fish in at the Viaduct. They just loved it.

Going to give it a try on the river just to see how it goes.

lyn

Guest Graham E

Last year for carp I used an old cheesepaste trick and squeezed hemp around my pellet pastes. Fooled em.

Add a pinch of bicarb of soda to your hemp to blacken it and try adding a d/spoon of golden syrup for tench/carp