It's perch season!

tiddlertamer

A great fish whatever the weight TT, well done.

Knowing how a 2lb perch in the water suddenly becomes half that on the scales I'll go for 1lb 13oz

Time to reveal the winners and losers. :)

After quickly unhooking and photographing the perch, I popped it on the scales and got a weight of 1.14. Went to release fish but noticed scales weren't zeroed properly.

Reset the scales and got 2lb on the nose.

Zeroed scales once more and got a reading of 2.1

Not happy at three different weights I zeroed the scales one final time and took one final reading before releasing the fish - 2lb again...

So I'm going for 2lb. And new scales. :rolleyes:

Whilst it's not in the league of other perch caught by Anglers Net denizens, it certainly made feel decidedly chuffed. :)

Edited by tiddlertamer

He was an old man who fished alone in a skiff in the Gulf Stream and he had gone eighty-four days without taking a fish. (Hemingway - The old man and the sea)

Blimey, I was way out - nice one TT! Hopefully I'll see one that big at the weekend. I still reckon 2lb+ is the mark of a big perch.

By the way, and I hate to ask, but are your scales digital or mechanical?

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Blimey, I was way out - nice one TT! Hopefully I'll see one that big at the weekend. I still reckon 2lb+ is the mark of a big perch.

By the way, and I hate to ask, but are your scales digital or mechanical?

I've had digital scales in the past and they were a nightmare.

These ones are mechanical. They clearly aren't perfect though as the slightest nudge ensures they need readjusting so that they are zeroed again... :wallbash:

He was an old man who fished alone in a skiff in the Gulf Stream and he had gone eighty-four days without taking a fish. (Hemingway - The old man and the sea)

I went for my weight because I guessed 16", If I'd have guessed 15" I'd have said 2lb.

What's an inch between friends?

Don't do it down TT, a 2lb perch is a good fish, well done.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I've had digital scales in the past and they were a nightmare.

These ones are mechanical. They clearly aren't perfect though as the slightest nudge ensures they need readjusting so that they are zeroed again... :wallbash:

I'd keep hold of them - they could come in handy when you get that 2.15 perch...!

I find perch weights really hard to guess, even in real life. One time this season I was over a pound out on a guesstimate!

(BTW the offer of a day's fishing here still stands, if you fancy it this autumn/winter.)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I'd keep hold of them - they could come in handy when you get that 2.15 perch...!

I find perch weights really hard to guess, even in real life. One time this season I was over a pound out on a guesstimate!

(BTW the offer of a day's fishing here still stands, if you fancy it this autumn/winter.)

Sounds like a splendid idea. Will pm you sometime in the next week with possible dates.

Conditions should be 'sock on' in the next few weeks. :)

I do believe that's the second of your guess the weight competions that I've won TT :D Still haven't received the prize for the first.

If you win a third Guess the Weight competition, do you think the same rules apply as with the World Cup Trophy?

That means you not only get to fish my favourite swims, you get to keep them... :unsure:

Edited by tiddlertamer

:D made up i got aroud the weight range on my first go hahaha , more experiance needed lol

HONOR IS DOING THE RIGHT THING, EVEN WHEN NOBODY IS LOOKING ...

Laugh and the world laughs with you; weep, and you weep alone.

"Yes, I will do the opposite. I used to sit here and do nothing and regret it for the rest of the day. So now i will do the opposite, and i will do something..." George Costanza

Les's see?

Two lbs even plus the tea cup or two of water I alway add (after zeroing the sling) for safety's sake would make that a loverly two and a quarter pounder if I caught it.

Good fish!!

Phone

Emma, I know I know (and I'm the only noddy who doesn't know)

Edited by Phone