Just so all you hooligans know......

Vagabond

Vote BNP into power and the problem will go away :)

Far too liberal and leftwing...hehehe

Their manifesto reads like an early labour party manifesto.

They need to look at our heritage of being a multicultural country and loose all these racism ideas

They need a real leader with real nationalistic ideas and a love of England.

Edited by watatoad

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They need to look at our heritage of being a multicultural country and loose all these racism ideas

Know anyone good for the job Rod? ;)

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

There I will agree with you absolutely - I have been saying that for years. Academic life does not suit everybody, and trying to get "degrees for everyone" undermines the value of a degree.

Me too - I would rather that the entrance criteria were academic talent than the willingness to take on debt (or the existence of enough familial wealth to avoid doing so). I think the system we have is the only way we can send so many to university, but I disagree with the premise that we need to send so many.

not sure we have ever been multicultural ,from the earliest time foreigners tended to flock together ,jews in golders green ,the dutch in err dutch ghettos you name them they clung together.

the reason its "seen" we are multicultural is predominately were forced to be under threat of arrest and imprisonment ;)

is England a place any more ,what will it be called when Scotland and Wales break free we don't even have a government.no the best place is the police force as they tend to flock together as well

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Know anyone good for the job Rod? ;)

Hehehe!

Yes me I will have them all wearing Toad/Frog masks, green shirts and trousers and flippers...hehehe

not sure we have ever been multicultural ,from the earliest time foreigners tended to flock together ,jews in golders green ,the dutch in err dutch ghettos you name them they clung together.

the reason its "seen" we are multicultural is predominately were forced to be under threat of arrest and imprisonment ;)

is England a place any more ,what will it be called when Scotland and Wales break free we don't even have a government.no the best place is the police force as they tend to flock together as well

Sorry I have to disagree just try to find the Englishman or Englishwoman with generally accepted principles of pride in England among our elected members of Parliament, looks pretty multicultural to me...hehehe

not sure we have ever been multicultural

I'd like to know who decided that our country should be mulitcultural, I never heard of any vote and certainly didn't vote in favour :mellow:

I think it's a case of it being rammed down our throats, like it or not <_< .

Perhaps Budgie will know :D

I really wish I did know the answer Teme Man,sadly though I don't and even more what I do know is that there wont be a simple answer.

Regards the Forces and yours,Renrag and Dave's points-

I only did 12 years in the British Army but was lucky enough to see quite a variety of things including several tours of "active duties" These were basically Northern Ireland and a UN tour in Cyprus.My only"Combat" experience was in the South Atlantic where (my only claim to fame!) I was the 7th official soldier to land on the Falklands.I both killed and saw killed but my experience was only for a few weeks and nothing like the day in day out today's soldier faces in Afghanistan.As such I feel a little "unqualified" to comment on today's Forces/soldiers. So I can only say what the feeling was then and the rest is just my own personal thoughts.

As Dave says back then (1975-1988) "we" didn't want anyone who had been made to join and certainly not the type of scum generally suggested (its nothing new) Simply for the reasons Dave has given. But I must admit to wondering just how many if "made" would have actually found they liked it and become both good soldiers and subsequently better people! Ive met so many "Oh you wouldn't catch me joining up/I wouldn't hack all that being told what to do!" types who I know would have loved it and done well.....but admittedly met a few "I would have made a great soldier" who wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes!

But as I said that was a different world and a different Army. Maybe just maybe we could introduce a type of compulsory short length service (after all we are one of the very few countries that doesn't have this) especially for non nationals who want to "become British" Has worked fine for the French for several hundred years now where 5 years with the Légion étrangère gets you a French passport! Maybe all our immigrants/asylum seekers etc should earn their "right to be British" and all the advantages that come with that status? Maybe we should have a Polish Rifles,Kosovan Commando, Serbian Sappers,Asian Artillery etc etc.Let them show how much they want to be British by spilling a bit of their blood in Afghanistan? (I wont go into the rights or wrongs of this conflict as its not the issue.) The Gurkhas have done so for several centuries and we bitched about letting them stay but seem to give everything to any other nationality ..........

But saying that the "foreign" element is just a part of the far bigger "British born and bred" problem. Our 2nd and 3rd generation don't want to work,draw the dole, play the Play Station 24/7 (on the latest wide-screen TV at that!) whilst smoking a spliff "Lost Generations" are the bigger problem and very few of those would benefit from Military service and Military certainly wouldn't benefit from the majority of them!

Work for your dole money (doing anyone of the very many labour intensive menial tasks that would improve our environment for everyone) or get none might be better.

I no longer work and so live of benefits but I would gladly do something for it.I'm sure many other genuine disabled/long term sick would also be willing to do something and if it wasn't for all the prohibitive insurance, HSE requirements, prejudices something constructive could be found for nearly all.

But back to fishing.Yes I agree that fishing can "save" youngsters....it certainly did me! But it "saves" by giving them something far more interesting than a bit of vandalism/violence/anti social behaviour and so stopping them drifting towards the "Dark Side".Don't appeal to everyone though but other interests/distractions may obviously work for others.But its not going to stop many and I believe return very few back to the straight and narrow once they have crossed.

For me the real issue is why people (not just the young) are like this these days,I fear it is my generation that has not necessarily created this but certainly allowed it to happen. That old wet saying of "Its societies fault" that I used to so ridicule rings truer and truer the more I think of it.

I will stop now as although I have several suggestions as to how this situation has come about it would take far more than a post here to explain! and I'm sure it would just seem like an old man moaning. And sadly like I initially said I don't know how we can reverse this.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

My service time was as Budgie's, I did 18 years, the usual places, Ulster (5 tours) Germany, Cyprus, shorter trips to France, Cananda and the US. I didn't go to the Falklands, I was too busy at the time catching roach and bream and being shown how to use the pole in Berlin (Learned how to cook carp there too ;) )

My son served 10 years and saw much more action than I did, he went to the Balkans and the Middle Eastern wars, he is back in Iraq now as a CPO (Bodyguard), home at the moment a passionate piker he took my boat out today.

To the point though, the army doesn't need people who have been forced to join. It'd bad enough trying to lead, train and motivate those who joined as volunteers and then decide thay made a mistake and don't like/can't Hack it. One can look back to the successes of our 'conscript' army, those who served in Korea, Malaya, Palestine and other 'little wars', but I would say 'different times and different people. You don't want some tosser who isnt interested being the one who is supposed to be watching your back. Society has it's problem people, it's not the army's job to sort them out and do all the things that is expected of them. there are no civilian equivalents, to the amount of work time soldiers put in.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

We, British, occupiers of these islands have always been multicultural it's the single most defining variable we have.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"