Just so all you hooligans know......

Vagabond

but the vast majority have integrated long ago

Narrh..... they haven't Dave. Most live seperate and in large ghettos. They stick together and want their own cultures (even their own education for kids), they don't want ours at all. Some places are like a different country, it's just like going abroad. That's ok in small doses but it's just all got to much now as these ghettos are huge and they want to push their beliefs down our throats. Well that's my opinion and I know i'm not on my own, everyone I speak to on the street moans about it.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did 5 years in the RAF mainly because it was the only choice I could make that paid a bit and would ensure some sort of roof over my head, it was not a sense of duty, Queen and Country,

So in effect somewhat disaffected from day one ?

But it did give me a glimpse of just how pointless Militiary Service really is, where the real enemy were the little jumped up fresh out of school officers

Oh dear, so the real problem is class envy. One of the first things one learns in the services is to respect good officers and to humour poor ones.

Like - Capt Mainwaring "I am in charge here". Sgt Wilson - "Of course you are, Sir"

I was a copper ............

Ah, that explains why you are so judgemental, often after making unwarranted assumptions. (Examples can be found in many previous threads, both in your present incarnation and in the previous one wherein you had long ears)

Nothing wrong with being a copper, but it does tend to reinforce a "them and us" mentality

Joined with nothing and came out with nothing, except that most of my peers had good jobs could drive, and a few quid in the bank.

Ah well, so five years service still left you embittered ?

I hated all "civvies"

Do you still regard yourself as a "non-civvie" ?

ie as an "ex-serviceman", an "ex-policeman" or both?

Has angling helped at all?

Edited by Vagabond

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Narrh..... they haven't Dave. Most live seperate and in large ghettos.

Tigger, I was talking about the majority of those on Emma's long list, not the rapid influx we have seen in the last twenty years.

I blame, not those who came here because life on benefits is better that poverty in their own country, but the self-serving politicians that allowed it to happen.

Solutions ? I dunno, but I fear it will end in a blood-bath sooner or later.

RNLI Governor

Tigger, I was talking about the majority of those on Emma's long list, not the rapid influx we have seen in the last twenty years.

I blame, not those who came here because life on benefits is better that poverty in their own country, but the self-serving politicians that allowed it to happen.

Solutions ? I dunno, but I fear it will end in a blood-bath sooner or later.

I agree with you Enoch, err Dave, :D, but I don't necessarily think it will be between different ethnic cultures. IMO, it's more likely to be based on perceived 'class' and financial differences.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I think we would all do well to remember that 75% of those caught and arrested for the 'riots' were already convicted criminals.

As for future problems along the same lines I agree and expect the trouble to erupt in the more affluent or wealthy areas of our major and medium sized towns, although I am worried as to the likelihood that the next 'riots' will be much larger and may well involve somewhat older and more violent individuals and the likelihood of some element of ethnic feelings creeping in.

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

I agree with you Enoch, err Dave,
:lol::lol::lol:

You are right. It could be ethnic/cultural/religious differences, or it could be class/financial/redundacy issues. Either way, there is a disruptive and criminal element just looking for an excuse to join in.

BTW How do you manage that crossy-outy bit ?

RNLI Governor

BTW How do you manage that crossy-outy bit ?

You write the word(s), highlight them, the go into the 4th icon from the left. The one with the a in upper and lower case. Click and you will see 'strikethough' in the drop down box,. just click on it. And Enoch's Bobs your Uncle. :D

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

You write the word(s), highlight them, the go into the 4th icon from the left. The one with the a in upper and lower case. Click and you will see 'strikethough' in the drop down box,. just click on it. And Enoch's Bobs your Uncle. :D

John.

dave

Hey, it works :)

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Bah ! Clever clogs Gee thanks. :D

Looks like one can enlighten bore people with algebraic expressions from the same menu.

(Say) E = mc2 But with the anomalous results from Cerne, perhaps not any more :unsure:

RNLI Governor