Just so all you hooligans know......

Vagabond

All,

Just a quick comment (quick for Phone). I suppose was a bit of a "hooligan" in my time. BB gun comes to mind. I was sorted out by the "village" and my mother - as my father passed young. Today, it seems both war and social balance are waged on the telly (TV) and the internet. Not much time for mistakes to be corrected in our instant world. Not saying I am proud today or that I enjoyed having my ears boxed for throwing a baseball through Mr. Jones plate glass window (it was an accident - and I'm sticking to it) - but today I suspect we would both be in jail and I wouldn't have learned how to box groceries (for no pay).

Critics are around the corner in a heart beat - Before "lessons can be learned"

Phone

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"lessons" are no longer learned as society doesnt allow them to be taught!

exactly!

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Bobs my uncle hehehe I like it

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

My own 2p on the integration issue.

From experience, most of the people that emigrate here, actively want to be part of our culture. It seems they are however, pushed away by a significant proportion of the 'long term' settlers of this country.

They are almost forced to form cliques, whether it be language based, religion or creed.

Admittedly, some bring feuds with them, we have criminal elements of Serbians and Croatians for instance, here in Great Yarmouth, determined to bring their war here, but the vast majority are just fending off loneliness.

Historically, we are a welcoming, multicultural society. Immigrants were not labelled (so blatantly) as such, they came here, they worked, they got taxed and they integrated. Granted, it happened over time and maybe it will happen this time, but the atmosphere, in GY at least, doesn't support it.

Now they have EE stamped on their heads or 'Paki' or other insulting pigeonholed words.

Would you want to integrate with people who labelled and insulted you so? No, you'd want to sink back into familiarity, mix with those that have time for you and accept you for who you are.

We, as a culture in our own right, have turned against our very roots.

I blame the media, written news in particular.

I'm proud to say I haven't read a paper in over 3 years now. I don't have the time or willingness to have anti-this and anti-that hate, poured into me, day after day. I may be ill-informed but at least I am not a bitter @rsehole who blames everything on everyone bar him/herself. (Not that I think any of you are btw!)

The only thing I regulary differentiate between is Male and Female, I use it as a guide of how hard to hug you or shake your hand (depending on the situation)... Yes it seems to upset some people, but secretly, everyone like a good hug!

Renrag

Edited by Renrag39

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue

My own 2p on the integration issue.

From experience, most of the people that emigrate here, actively want to be part of our culture. It seems they are however, pushed away by a significant proportion of the 'long term' settlers of this country.

They are almost forced to form cliques, whether it be language based, religion or creed.

Admittedly, some bring feuds with them, we have criminal elements of Serbians and Croatians for instance, here in Great Yarmouth, determined to bring their war here, but the vast majority are just fending off loneliness.

Historically, we are a welcoming, multicultural society. Immigrants were not labelled (so blatantly) as such, they came here, they worked, they got taxed and they integrated. Granted, it happened over time and maybe it will happen this time, but the atmosphere, in GY at least, doesn't support it.

Now they have EE stamped on their heads or 'Paki' or other insulting pigeonholed words.

Would you want to integrate with people who labelled and insulted you so? No, you'd want to sink back into familiarity, mix with those that have time for you and accept you for who you are.

We, as a culture in our own right, have turned against our very roots.

I blame the media, written news in particular.

I'm proud to say I haven't read a paper in over 3 years now. I don't have the time or willingness to have anti-this and anti-that hate, poured into me, day after day. I may be ill-informed but at least I am not a bitter @rsehole who blames everything on everyone bar him/herself. (Not that I think any of you are btw!)

The only thing I regulary differentiate between is Male and Female, I use it as a guide of how hard to hug you or shake your hand (depending on the situation)... Yes it seems to upset some people, but secretly, everyone like a good hug!

Renrag

Nice post Renrag

I agree with almost all of it, and that is not like me :thumbs:

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Renrag

Brits call one another brit's, aussies call one another aussies, paki's call one another paki's, your talkin do gooder drivel !

I do agree with some of what you say too renrag however in Preston we have a large problem with people coming over and choosing not to work and then claiming vast sums of money for large families which gives them access to bigger houses, bigger cars etc that the ordinary hard working citizen simply cannot afford. This creates a lot of resentment as can only be expected. The vast majority of the time it is this that causes the hatred you see these days. The ones that come over and work rather than sponge off the welfare state are welcomed with the respect they rightly deserve.

It is this that gets most peoples backs up and this that the media latches onto to further enforce xenophobic views.

I am not saying there arent a lot of our own 'natives' that sponge off the welfare state but these did not move here specifically to do so.

Edited by AddictedToScopex

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

Sorry for that Tigger, I briefly experienced a rush of enlightenment and well being. I'll sink back into a self-fulfilling mire of hate and distrust then... Lets bring back Eugenics... <_<

Renrag

Edit:- ATS, I get what you're saying, it happens in GY too, but for the most part, immigrants are harder working and more honest, maybe because they potentially have something to lose or gain from being so...? Like you say, its the media $hit stirring... Its rarer than I think the papers would have you believe.

Benefits are another thing entirely, maybe another thread? I know too little about it to put up any for or against argument here.

Edited by Renrag39

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue