float making supplies

Coxy_DC

Hi there,

Does anyone know of a company where I can order basic float making equipment (peacock quills, sarkanda reed, cane inserts, balsa bodies etc.). The old local suppliers that I used to go to in Leicestershire have either closed, or don't stock the parts anymore. I can't seem to find any supplier through the angling press or on the internet either.

Any help would be much appreciated.

All the best, Neil

Walk behind your local, friendly herring gull! Their quills are free, pretty straight, and very effective. Only they don't drop them on demand. Atleast the females ones don't!! Obviously not Essex gulls :o:)

Hi Chaps

I received an email from Floats-direct a few days ago saying that a range of materials will be available. Unfortunately its in hTML format so I cant really post it here. Best thing to do is speak to Roger or send him an email. Failing that wait a few weeks and then visit his site :) .

Regards MD

Peter Waller:

Walk behind your local, friendly herring gull! Their quills are free, pretty straight, and very effective. Only they don't drop them on demand. Atleast the females ones don't!! Obviously not Essex gulls P.A.A.S.gif

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Andy Macfarlane:

Andy Macfarlane:

Walk behind your local, friendly herring gull! Their quills are free, pretty straight, and very effective. Only they don't drop them on demand. Atleast the females ones don't!! Obviously not Essex gulls P.A.A.S.gif

:D:D : :P

Just received the following email from Floats-Direct

Just had to send you all this quick email

lost count of the questions on DIY Float Making Materials

Expected on the site in October

we will also be running on the floats direct site, best float competition and running a float making forum for you all to swap ideas

and techniques

Carbon floats stems- 0.70mm, 0.80mm, 0.90mm all £1.20 each

Wire float stems- 0.40mm, 0.50mm, 0.60mm all £0.30 each

Glass Fibre float stems-

Natural White- 0.50mm, 0.60mm, 0.80mm, 1.00mm, 1.20mm all £0.40 each

Red- 0.50mm, 0.60mm, 0.80mm, 1.00mm, 1.20mm all £0.40 each

yellow- 0.50mm, 0.60mm, 0.80mm, 1.00mm, 1.20mm all £0.40 each

Peacock Quill- 15" approx various diameters 2 for £0.30

Sarcanda Reed- 15" approx various diameters 2 for £0.30

Balsa Bodies, (Ready Drilled)- Small £0.24 Each, Medium £0.26 Each, Large £0.28 Each

Float Eyes(Feet)- Packs of 15, Standard and 4mm £0.75 per pack

Pole Float Eyes- Packs of 15, Standard and 4mm £0.75 per pack

Pole Float Antennas- Packs of 15, 0.80mm, 1.00mm, 1.5mm, 2.00mm £0.75 each

Balsa Dowel, price etc will follow shortly but we will be supplying

Regards MD