Barbel on the Teme

mike lavall

Big G:

Hello mate

Fished the Teme myself at various points on the BAA lengths and the Barbel society stretch! Pellets do work of course but try bouncing a piece of meat (they still eat this you know) down the river on the opposite bank especially in front of overhanging trees! I normally fire some hemp out and leave it for a short while. Then cast just upstream and bounce the meat through!! It works for me when its low and clear and I dont measure the bait 8mm 9 10 11 12 and so on it doesnt matter at all! What happened to traditional fishing?

My fav method when i fish the severn :D

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all

Well I must say we struggled a bit today. Had a few nice Chub and grayling, but no Barbel.

Tried hemp, meat,corn and maggot. Also caster and hemp in a feeder. Must say the water is very low. Lets hope there is a bit of water on when you go up in a couple of weeks chuby.

Never mind theres always next weekend!!

mikey

Hi all do any you know any where on the teme looking for a weeks holiday from 1st july for 2 . or some where we could bivvy up for a week. need to be near river &chance of catching barbel.

Cheer's Larry

http://www.larrysworld.co.uk

mailto:larry@larrysworld.co.uk

Hi larry1 :) I would like to help you on that but not giving my best kept secret water away on this website and also allow you to bivvy up as well :D

[ 19. June 2005, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: Andrew Burgess ]

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Andrew, bit of a pointless post??

Mike,

If you struggle on the teme, IMO you are in the wrong place. At this time of year if you cant see barbel in your swim, they arent there. Perfect swims can be empty of fish at this time of year, particularly as the barbel are just finishing spawning now.

Look for shallow gravel pools below broken water. Sprinkle in some pellets and see if any fish appear. If you dont see any, move on.

Only when they disperse and spreadout later in the summer are other swims likely to contain fish.

darrreng:

Andrew, bit of a pointless post??

darrreng :rolleyes: no it was not a pointless post. There are plenty of places where anyone could bivvy up for week or more. You just got to look for it! It could be either on the River Teme , River Arrow, River Severn and the River Avon or any River!

I do fish for the Barbel only in the late summer/early autum but there are not many place left where you can fish all night now let alone about bivvying up for a week or two as they are getting swallow up by either a syndicate/club waters/organization or owners getting too greedy!

larry1:

Hi Andrew surely you'd give it to a fellow Lodge Park Angling club member a long standing member of over 20years &ex committee member.

Yes I can but not over the website.

The way I read it was like so;

"Would you like to know my big secret? Tough!"

I didnt want to know where you fish, being local I need only pop down, I just thought you were dangling the carrot so to speak! Obviously I was mistaken