Barbel on the Teme

mike lavall

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seph:

Sorry for the late reply, but I have been out fishing constantly for nearly a week. The Teme started off very slow as the fish had not yet spawned, I believe they have now and so should start to feed, but I am going to give it another week before going the Teme again. I have however been having some great sport on the Severn where the fish have spawned and are now hungry. I have had 45 Barbel in 2 sessions with numerous 9's, with two going 9lb 15oz. I have had 6 fish that were 9lb 12oz+. As for baits on the Teme I use pellet wrapped in paste or halibut boilies and feed hemp and pellet. A piece of meat is worth a try at dusk.

Hi Paul, excellent mate, well done - you obviously don't need any Gym membership fighting that many fish! lol. Look forward to finding some time to meet up again.

The Barbel on the Teme have started to feed, looks like they have spawned. I am off there either tomorrow or Sunday for a session or two. I Just hope that I can avoid the hungry Chub unless they are 5lb+ fish (don't mind them) :D

Paul