The worst fishing video I have ever seen

RUDD

It's not the worst video I've ever seen. It's deadly boring mind you.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As most say, not the worst, but he's only a kid, and you can see the influence of other angling videos in the way he speaks.

I found it interesting in the methods he chose. On a small water like that, at one time float, or free lining would have been the first choice, and loose feeding little and often, (for me anyway). But now it's feeder, and bite alarm as standard first approach. (I won't say what I think about the rod on the other bank, fishing itself <_< ). I don't think he did too bad, especially when he got a bit of help in the later clips.

Talking about boring, I find most angling vid's boring, and the 'expert' presenters even more so. Bob Nudd for one. I once met the guy and he seemed a nice enough bloke, but that voice and accent drives me up the wall. Matt Hayes and his mate are others I struggle to watch.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Bob Nudd for one. I once met the guy and he seemed a nice enough bloke, but that voice and accent drives me up the wall.

Not a fan of "Maggots in ya Catapult" then John ?

Bob was a fellow guest at a Queen Charlotte Isle lodge whilst Norma and I were there after some King and Coho Salmon in 2003 - as you say, a nice enough bloke, and one of the first to congratulate Norma on her "best fish of the season" coho.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Not a fan of "Maggots in ya Catapult" then John ?

Bob was a fellow guest at a Queen Charlotte Isle lodge whilst Norma and I were there after some King and Coho Salmon in 2003 - as you say, a nice enough bloke, and one of the first to congratulate Norma on her "best fish of the season" coho.

I met him at an invitation only match on a local lake, (I wasn't invited <_<:D ). I just went as a spectator, and after the 'weigh in' I found myself surrounded by 3 or 4 world and ex world champs, and the England team manager.

Bob Nudd seemed one of the friendliest, and would chat to anyone. But on his videos he drives me mad. :D

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Hello

My name is George day, aka 'fenlandfisherman'

Yes i was the kid ' who made that video.

I think allot of your comments are utterly unjust as this is my 1st video and im now on my 54th!! please before you even think about commenting about me, my fishing styles and behaviors, please check out my most recent videos.

And for all of you that said i have no skill, you may like to know that i now hold p.bs including rudd to over 3lb 8oz, crucian carp to 3lb 8oz carp to 27lb river carp to 21lb and wels catfish to over 122lb, I am a feild tester for Vison baits and i am in partnership with carp talk, coarse angling today and pike and predator magazines..

So please dont say I have no skill...

This was my first video and as many above said i was just a kid quite right thank you, however, im now 17 and yes i now own a tri pod so my videos have improved massively.

Before you judge me further on this video please look at my most recent and observe for yourself how they've improved..

(link to my first video) :

Thanks George

I don't mind Bob Nudd because he's quite educational, from what I saw on Right Angle (?)

Hayes is alright too because he's a wee bit cheeky and funny from time to time and I like his rough and ready approach to fishing. Bucket, rest, rod and very often, less than fine tackle. I'll watch Hayes before I watch anyone else I reckon.

Martin Bowler is quite good too I reckon for much the same reasons. Very capable angler but often seen using the simplest approach.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

I didn't like Matt Hayes when I first saw him , when we upgraded to sky TV, I though him a bit 'slape' (a local term for a slippery type fast talker), but after watching more of his programmes I changed my opinion, I like the partnership between him and Mick Brown too.

I have a soft spot for Paul Young, he is a bit of a ringer for my departed Father, and gives off the same boyish enthusiasm for fishin'.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Bob Nudd is funny as hell as well. I remember sitting in the front row at a small fishing show whilst him and John Wilson were giving a talk and i was ****ing myself. He's good at making sound effects witha mic as well haha

Edited by SpecimenSean

gone

I would also like to say after reading over the comments, thank you to everyone who was understanding about the video, I really appreciate it.

George

Hi, George, and welcome to Anglersnet.

As you see from later posts, opinions are divided over older, more experienced presenters. So I wouldn't take any criticism too personally. Anyone who puts their sessions on the net will get some criticism. So if I were you, I'd just take note, and see if there's any justification in what people say, (good or bad), and learn from it.

But most of all, enjoy what you're doing.

John.