Bailing out the Euro

ColinW

Same as France, except no road tax in France. Insurance is a carnet on the windscreen. Can't remember how the MOT works in France. It's been a wee while since I drove a car in France, normally I get driven whilst over there.

We pay a sort of tax which is dependant on the engine size of your car. the town halls set the rate though.

So you can have a 2 litre car in village"X" and pay 100€ and if you are registered in village "Y" its only 80€.

You cant lie about where you live either!

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same as France, except no road tax in France. Insurance is a carnet on the windscreen. Can't remember how the MOT works in France. It's been a wee while since I drove a car in France, normally I get driven whilst over there.

The C.T. or Controle Technique has to be done for the first time in the 6 months before the car becomes 4 years old, and then every two years afterwards. It covers roughly the same detail as a UK MOT.

It has to be done by an approved technical centre and they affix the certificate to your registration document and the small card to your windscreen, next to you insurance.

Cost around 60Euro but varies slightly from test centre to centre.

They are quite strict, my car failed because the load rating for two of the tyres was incorrect.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Captain, Sportsman,

Only been 3 or 4 times to each. I missed at least some of this failsafe "utopia" you describe. Does it apply to hired transportation? Couple times, in both countries, my guy must have failed miserably. Especially in the countryside.

Phone

Captain, Sportsman,

Only been 3 or 4 times to each. I missed at least some of this failsafe "utopia" you describe. Does it apply to hired transportation? Couple times, in both countries, my guy must have failed miserably. Especially in the countryside.

Phone

I'm sorry Phone but I have mislaid my Anglo /Gibberish dictionary. :P

You will have to explain what you just said ;)

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

LoL

Edited by Andrew

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

There is no legal requirement to carry your driving license with you in the UK.

Cory, I know that, but most would....it's easier than producing it when needed.. ...the must only applied to here. :)

IF YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE THE BEST

Don't seek a second opinion.

http://www.anglingireland.info

Fish Paintings

Linocut fishy prints..

Cory, I know that, but most would....it's easier than producing it when needed.. ...the must only applied to here. :)
Do you need to carry your vehicle registration documents too greg?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

If you get pulled they will know whether you are insured or have a license before your wheels stop turning, far better to leave it at home than have it nicked along with all your cards when you loose your wallet, the driving license would give the finder all he needs to give you some real problems.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

If you get pulled they will know whether you are insured or have a license before your wheels stop turning, far better to leave it at home than have it nicked along with all your cards when you loose your wallet, the driving license would give the finder all he needs to give you some real problems.

Yup with anpr, they know who the owner, driver is, insured, taxed, mot'd as Ken said in a few seconds and without the need to look at the windscreen.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..