Bailing out the Euro

ColinW

"There is no mention of increased IMF contributions for example."

Yes there are.

I trade in Europe and i can tell you that our bank (RBS) has wiped out all credit trading with Italy, Greece and Spain.

These countries will have to pay a fortune for services and up front too.

What did the Southern europeans gain from joining the EEC ? Misery ! and a sparkly subsidised SEAT

They have had Euro $ sloshing around and borrowed it for years, payback time for them ? er No !

For the hard working (Germany) for the honest and prudent tax payers (England) Unlucky, its payup membership time.

No mention of the French at this stage, why is that ? Hiding under a mountain of EU subsidies while this all goes on ?

If you have Euro's under the matress, buy pounds stg £ now ;)

If my tax rates go up to German level i will get angry, if they drop to Southern european levels, then i will not give a flying ****

Typical of the French, always at the rear. :rolleyes: I wonder who they are collaborating with to stay out of it. :rolleyes:

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why the hell should we pull them out of the mire. We, that is our government are cutting back on everything in this country.

Why the hell should our countrymen and women suffer while money is sent abroad to pull other countries out of the crap.

Are people still not going to Greece for hollibobs. ?

the governments cutting us to the bone and handing it out to anyone abroad who desires it because it then looks like were not cutting everything to the bone and we have so much we can just give it away ;)

we did the same after ww2 bolstered the Germans regrowth so they could come out of rationing in 1946 while we the "winners" had worse rationing after the war finished up to 1954?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Typical of the French, always at the rear. :rolleyes: I wonder who they are collaborating with to stay out of it. :rolleyes:

Well, at least you don't let total ignorance deprive you of having an opinion <_<

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

their new buddies the germans ,strange how short their memories are and like us had hundreds of thousands of young men slaughtered trying to stop germany's quest to run Europe the last time

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Who said that the French are staying out of it.

Why would they?

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/166257/201...rmany.htm#page0

On a personal level I would love to see the Euro get devalued a touch. I get paid in Sterling and spend in Euros so the more I get to the pound the better.

If only life were that simple.

Edited by Sportsman

Well, at least you don't let total ignorance deprive you of having an opinion <_<

Ignorance in what prey tell

Edited by Andrew

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Ignorance in what prey tell
Making stupid remarks about the French always being at the rear and being collaborators that's what.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Nations With Most Exposure To Greek Debt

While Euro Zone ministers ponder and bicker over how much Greece will receive in its next bailout (if at all), it is worth consider which nations around the world have the most financial exposure to the troubled country.

According to data from Bank for International Settlements (BIS) Quarterly Review, France has by far the most exposure -- $56.7-billion, including both bank and private lending and government debt exposure.

Here are the top eight nations with the highest exposure to Greek debt:

Exposed and paying into are two entirely diffrent matters. Where in that statement does it say that the Frenchies are stumping up money to help out.

Or is that political speak for they ARE paying up.

“Vescere bracis meis”

Making stupid remarks about the French always being at the rear and being collaborators that's what.

Truth hurts dont it. :rolleyes:

Vichy Government, are common terms used to describe the government of France that collaborated with the Axis powers from July 1940 to August 1944

All in the history books of WW11.

Henri Philippe Benoni Omer Joseph Pétain

Because of his outstanding military leadership in World War I, particularly during the Battle of Verdun, he was viewed as a national hero in France. With the imminent French defeat in June 1940, Pétain was appointed Premier of France by President Lebrun at Bordeaux, and the Cabinet resolved to make peace with Germany. The entire government subsequently moved, briefly, to Clermont-Ferrand, then to the spa town of Vichy in central France. His government voted to transform the discredited French Third Republic into the French State

Organized by Laval, a strong proponent of collaboration, the interview and the handshake were photographed, and Nazi propaganda made strong use of this photo to gain support from the civilian population. On 30 October 1940, Pétain officialized state collaboration, declaring on the radio: "I enter today on the path of collaboration...."[10] On 22 June 1942 Laval declared that he was "hoping for the victory of Germany." The sincere desire to collaborate did not stop the Vichy government from organising the arrest and even sometimes the execution of German spies entering the Vichy zone, as Simon Kitson's recent research has demonstrated.[11]

Please note the red text.

And yes i have done a google for the FACTS.

Edited by Andrew

“Vescere bracis meis”

Truth hurts dont it. :rolleyes:

All in the history books of WW11.

Please note the red text.

Truth doesn't hurt me.

I wonder if you would recognise it.

In WW2 France lost 567600 dead from a population of 41,700,000

UK lost 450,900 from a population of 47,760,000

You should actually read the history books from WW11 rather than just quoting wikipedia.