Save Whitby Piers Facebook Group

glennk

Hi Guys, Im here to ask for your help. This includes all anglers : sea, coarse, game, kayak, boat etc etc.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/savewhitbyspiers/

Anglers at Whitby are now without 2 of the best fishing marks in our area. Both piers are closed to the public due to neglect of upkeep of the structures by Scarborough Borough Council.

We have formed a facebook protest group at the link below, and we are holding a protest on the entrance to the outer west pier to express or disgust at Scarborough Councils Underinvestment in our town and pier.

I realise a lot of you will be to far away to come along to the protest on Sunday. However we would be really grateful if you would show your support for fellow anglers by joining our facebook group.

Also if you could just say a few words of support on the group and say that Glenn Kilpatrick has asked you to register to the group as a fellow angler to show your support to anglers from our region, then this would be really really appreciated. Maybe one day anglers from our region will be in a position to return the favour.

Here is the facebook group link. Please please please sign up and support our cause. Please also send the link to all your friends and post on as many forums and sites as possible

http://www.facebook.com/groups/savewhitbyspiers/

Best wishes - Glenn

Edited by glennk

Done Glen and hope I did it righ as not too used to these modern fangled thangs!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

moi aussi!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Been a long time since i've been at Whitby and i don't believe in facebook but i do wish you well.

I think a protest at the pier isn't going to help you.

Maybe blockade the council office or better still attend a council meeting and do a bit of interjecting. Oh and take a photographer with you.

all the best, Fred

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/