Do we admire our fish enough before we put them back?

Guest doc_tench

Guest doc_tench

Hi all

Its strange isn't we can sit there all day and then when we finally get our one bite of the day,its hook out and straight back! thats it !!!

Do we spend long enough admiring its features,colourings,markings etc,etc.

Now i know alot of you will say that it must be returned as soon as possible and i totally agree,but its such a pity when i see so many anglers just throw it back straight away because its not a "twenty" or its just another "slab" or another pesky 8lb tench taken my boilie.

I even saw a boat angler kill a zander mad.gif because it was not that twenty pound pike that he had read about in AT the week before.

Admire any fish you catch and give them respect, after all if it was not for them we would not enjoy this great sport of ours

Good fishing to you all :D: :D: :D:

Guest DerwentBob

By all means admire your fish but be careful, Rex Hunt started out admiring fish - now he really has a problem!

As I said to the judge, a photograph is one thing a quick snog is another... biggrin.gif

Guest big tinca

Hi Doc,

Personally when i catch a fish, if it is small i will tend to put it back quickly

But if i catch a biggie i will look at it, photagraph it and weigh it so i personally think it depends on the size of the fish.

------------------

Happy Tenching.

Big Tinca.

bigtinca@hotmail.com

Guest doc_tench

Dear bob

I recently "kissed" a jet black tench eek.gif and found myself chuckling like JW confused.gif

Do you think I have been fishing too long!!

biggrin.gif:

Guest pete falloon

the tench is said to have medicinal properties, as you must surely know, doc.

Let's hope it prevents illness of the physical kind, it it clearly too late to prevent the other kind biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Guest doc_tench

My mrs said the same pete!She said "when i am gone you will use me as groundbait"

"mmmmmmmm" now theres a thought!! biggrin.gif:

P.S I would not swap her for the world!

Well maybe for a 10lb Black tinca wink.gif

Good fishing