Has anyone had this happen?

Guest Danny H

Guest Danny H

Has anyone ever held a fish in the current, in order to refresh the fish, and as they've let it go, a Pike has surged up and taken it ?

I hasten to add I have never had this happen,

But in theory it certainly could.

One thing is for sure, it'd make you jump out of your skin.

[This message has been edited by Danny H (edited 13 June 2001).]

Guest Elton

I've had them leap out of the water as I've lifted a fish out (on the end of a hook). That's scary enough for me, thanks eek.gif

Elton

------------------

Save Money On Your Fishing...

Click Below

Cheap Fishing Tackle

some years ago i was netting an 8oz chub on the severn and a small pike jumped in the landing net,it made me jump as well!!!!

Guest Bretty

Me and my mate Ben were rowing around this lake. I was rowing while he had his head under the water looking for clear spots in the weed. Then suddenly he pops up with an expression very much like this eek.gif It was well funny He'd just come face to face with a 20lb+ pike sat under a weed bed. It took me ages to get him to stick his head back under the water biggrin.gif

Bretty

Guest Kitson

I was bringing a gudgeon in and was aware of a dark shape move from underneath a tree right next to me, the next think I know that rod is bent right over with the tip in the water and it feels like I am stuck on a snag, then there was a big bow wave and my line came out minus the gudgeon.

I've never had it happen since.

Guest Gav Walker

I have had pike attacking keepnets a couple of times,and a friend of mine caught a pike after putting his bait in at his feet to see if it was still alive,and the pike swooped out of the weeds and grabbed it virtually under his feet.

A stranger thing happened to friend when spinning from a boat.After retrieving,he put his rod down,leaning over the side of the boat,and an 8oz perch jumped clear of the water and grabbed it,hooking itself and dangling 6 inches clear of the water.Sounds like a tall story,but true!

Guest shaca

I think most of us have noticed a pike follow a roch to the landing net but this was a classic story that my father told me when I was very young and it was this story which really got me 'hooked' on fishing.

He had been fishing a Maidenhead gravel pit for pike for around twenty years at the time (late 70's) and caught various large fish to around 25lb. Then one day he was reeling in a pike which turned out to weigh just under 14lb when he saw an enormous dark shadow following it to the net. He reckoned it was twice the length of the 25lber he'd caught earlier in the year. His guestimate was high 40's or early 50's but I didn't care - I just wanted to go and CATCH IT!!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Shaca

Guest Big Nick

A few years ago i was fishing on the Severn when the guy next to me hooked a small Barbel, which promptly go stuck in a weed bed. I agreed to wade out and try and net it, as he had no wadders. When i got to the fish it was wedged head first in the weed with a large Pike of around 15lb sat looking at it 2" behind its tail. No wonder i didn't want to come out!

------------------

Big Nick