PETA open their mouths again!!

Guest Chris Plumb

Guest Chris Plumb

The more I see quotes attributed to this group the more I think they should be encouraged to continue to do so - they're capacity to shoot themselves in the foot seems boundless.

From page 14 of todays D. Express...

"People for The Ethical Treatment of Animals, PETA, are thrilled that Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh chose 2 pints of ice cream as his final meal. (doesn't US ice cream contain milk? - Chris)

"In the end", suggests vegan campaign co-ordinator, Bruce Friedrich, "Mr McVeigh's decision to go vegetarian groups him with some of the worlds greatest visionaries, including Albert Schweitzer, Gandhi, Leo Tolstoy, and Albert Einstein."

McVeigh murdered 168 people and, it's true, not one single cow.

What a saint."

Chris

Guest Oatmealjack

Chris, you have to be making that one up, come on now come clean, nobody could be that totally stupid! I guess PETAs new emphasis will be on reducing the number of people so that fewer animals get eaten, got to admit its a theory that would work wounldnt it.

Oatmeal Jack

Guest DerwentBob

Shame that the drugs used in the lethal injection were tested on animals. I wonder if he could have chosen a cruelty-free vegan alternative...

If we're not supposed to eat animals why are they made out of meat?

Guest Chris Plumb
Originally posted by Oatmealjack:

Chris, you have to be making that one up, come on now come clean, nobody could be that totally stupid! I guess PETAs new emphasis will be on reducing the number of people so that fewer animals get eaten, got to admit its a theory that would work wounldnt it.  

Oatmeal Jack

No - it was a verbatim report from a UK national daily newspaper - though I do find the remarks barely credible and wouldn't be surprised if the newspaper was mis-quoting!!

Chris

Guest Danny H

This article here has some history to what you are talking about Chris:http://www.salon.com/people/conv/2001/04/30/newkirk/index.html

all the best

Guest OregonDave

PITA left off another great "visionary" who didn't eat meat: Adolph Hitler.

Gandhi? PITA put McVey in the same class as Gandhi? Yah, right!

Guest Keith
Originally posted by DerwentBob:

If we're not supposed to eat animals why are they made out of meat?

<LOL>

I reckon I must be a "veggie once-removed", because I only eat vegetarian animals. smile.gif

So that's all right then.

Joking apart though - PETA are so nuts that they can't possibly expect to be taken seriously...

Can they? (GULP!)

------------------

Yours,

Keith

Blyth,

Northumberland

mailto:keith@go-fishing.co.ukkeith@go-fishing.co.uk

http://www.wacac.co.uk

Guest Vagabond

A common veggie cliche is "You are what you eat"

Right. So waddya wannabe ? a cock pheasant or a wet lettuce ?

smile.gif

------------------

Vagabond

Message for Chris Plumb.

Can you fax me the actual article that appeared in the Express - please.

My fax number is 020 8398 9627.

Many thanks.

David