Help with fish identification (Non UK)

Guest Elton

Guest Elton

Just received the following - can anyone help?:

"I have a small lake behind my house there are cat and blue gill in it.

Today I spotted some minnows at the edge of the bank that had a rather long and slender rear fin and when the sun shinned on it, it was royal blue. Can you tell me what kind of fish it was?"

------------------

Save Money On Your Fishing...

Click Below

Cheap Fishing Tackle

Elton - the combination of catfish and blue gill make it my part of the world. No "royal blue" fish comes to mind of any shape. I suggest he catch one and take a picture. It is possible that a type of minnow called a "shinner" because of the very silver scales was near some blue object and was getting a reflection.

Guest Bruno Broughton

I've found it - methinks it's one of those Quink-fish, closely related to Permanent Black. biggrin.gif

Joshing aside, I'll look it up in my McClane's Guide to Freshwater Fishes of North America when I get a mo.

------------------

Bruno

Guest Elton
Originally posted by Bruno Broughton:

I've found it - methinks it's one of those Quink-fish, closely related to Permanent Black.   biggrin.gif

Joshing aside, I'll look it up in my McClane's Guide to Freshwater Fishes of North America when I get a mo.

Thanks, Bruno and Newt - I'll suggest that the person wanting to know keeps an eye on this thread.

Best wishes,

Elton

------------------

Save Money On Your Fishing...

Click Below

Cheap Fishing Tackle