Yoo Hoo im back

Guest Gray-Catchpole

Guest Chris Shaw

Hi Simon

I do not think that they care what the oil is or the amount, they just want to catch fish.

------------------

Chris Shaw

They played on while the reel handles spun in unison.

Guest Simon Newbould

Hiya BB....

Can't say fairer than that mate smile.gif

Being totally non-biased though - wouldn't you have to wonder about a company that would withhold this info?

I'd be wary of buying any food for myself that didn't list ingredients in order of amount...... let alone a bait for fish....

Simon

Guest Chris Shaw
Originally posted by Big Brother:

I will hold my hands up and say I dont know - I will do my best to find out for you and if I do I will post it on Anglers Net. To be honest Im not sure of my chances but will give it a go!!

That is exactly what we are trying to say, you do not know what the oil is or the amount, the only thing we have is if you can squeeze the oil out it is to much if it is the wrong oil, but I have never heard of a safe oil in my twenty plus years of carp fishing.

Please Gray and Big Brother this is not I repeat not a personal dig, we are just trying to get the point across that oil saturated baits can harm the fish.

As I have said and Simon has said, you more than likely do not remember the fish kills at Harefield being the main one and other places attributed to saturated oil baits being used and this is the worry.

This all came about because we were pointed towards the interview that talks about the oil content in the baits.

------------------

Chris Shaw

[This message has been edited by Chris Shaw (edited 15 June 2001).]

Guest Chris Shaw

Also there the statement regarding the use of top quality fish meal, fishmeal from one place is not the same as fishmeal from another place, if a high quality fishmeal was being used it would all come from the same source and all be the same in colour. Nothing like digging yourself a hole is there.

People seem to forget that we as carp anglers have been using fishmeals and oils for many many years. You know that old saying, you can fool some of the people some of the time.

Lest we all forget you can buy a high quality fishmeal from one supplier and it will do the business, buy a high quality fish meal from another sourse and it will not work as well, it is the over saturation of the oil content that is doing the business, and thats the harmful part.

I could name two oils that if enough is put into any fishmeal it will possibly do the business, longterm it would do the fish no good at all, they are both not associated with fishing.

------------------

Chris Shaw

Guest Big Brother

From Howard :

"These pellets are made with oils that are not adversley effecting fish digestive digestive systems -How do we know? The pellets were tested over a long period of time with fish farm managers and fishery experts and were found not to effect the fish at all. They are nothing like commercial trout pellets. I wwont reveal the exact content as this is a highly competitive side of the angling market"

Cant say fairer than that - I wil close with saying if you dont want to use them dont but if you want something thattt is fish friendly and that catches fish use them. It is the individual anglers choice.

On the subject of ingredients hardly any if any bait tells you the ingredients -that would defeat the object!!

Hope this settles it,

Big Brother

------------------

The float - pleasing in appearance, even more so in disapperance!!!

http://www.sillybait.co.uk - home of all things silly!!

Guest Big Brother
Originally posted by Chris Shaw:

Hold on, just a thought if Howard is the only person who knows what this oil is how could it have been tested as being fish friendy, He states himself that he is the only person who knows what it is, and it is added and then all bagged up before being sent to Van Den Eynde for distribution,

Try reading it again Chris before you put your foot in your mouth.Howard is talking about the groundbait not the pellets.

------------------

The float - pleasing in appearance, even more so in disapperance!!!

http://www.sillybait.co.uk - home of all things silly!!

Guest Chris Shaw

Yup thats fine I will retract that part of the last post.

------------------

Chris Shaw

Guest Simon Newbould

Bleedin' 'ell is Howrad a politician or what?

Simple question that requires a simple answer which gives away absolutely nothing!

is the oil in the pellets fish oil? Y/N

What's the percentage of the oils in the bait?

Hardly giving away any trade secrets here I think!

As regards to them being perfectly safe and this being "proved" by the fact that fish farmers have used them with no ill effects...? biggrin.gif

Simon

Guest Simon Newbould
Originally posted by Big Brother:

From Howard :

On the subject of ingredients hardly any if any bait tells you the ingredients  -that would defeat the object!!

Small, round spherical objects!!!

Simon