Beef Jerky Online In The UK

Guest Elton

Guest Elton

Just received a really nice email from a guy selling beef jerky online in the UK. I know anglers who've tried this stuff before, but I've yet to have the pleasure!

Anyway, give the site a look some time:

http://www.wildwestjerky.co.uk/

By the sounds of it, it's one bloke really trying hard, so it gets the AN thumbs up biggrin.gif

Elton

------------------

Save Money On Your Fishing...

Click Below

Cheap Fishing Tackle

Guest Keith

Hmmm...

I reckon our friends in PETA would really appreciate yer man's efforts. (Funny how PETA are so hard to email, innit?) smile.gif

Apparently, it takes 80gms of beef to make 25gms of JerkY, so it must be good!

Concentrated cow. Yummm!

------------------

Yours,

Keith

Blyth,

Northumberland

mailto:keith@go-fishing.co.ukkeith@go-fishing.co.uk

http://www.wacac.co.uk

[This message has been edited by Keith (edited 16 June 2001).]

Guest mpbdsnu

I tried some of this at the recent fishing & shooting exhibition at Stoneliegh - he was through on the shooting side!! He gave away free samples - very tasty stuff - but if I remember, it was little expensive.

Guest trickydavies

Hi there mpbdsnu,

The guy who was at the shooting event was not the same guy. I know.

You are right though - it is tasty and I guess expensive but it is concentrated cow!!

Tricky

Guest trickydavies

Thanks Elton and the rest, Tricky is me. I've had a few new orders (4) today which is great and they must have come from this site.

Thanks for your support.

Tricky

ps Check out the eels with funny markings thread. I was only a kid but am sure lampreys suck onto salmon but how do they find each other? I'll post a new thread to find out.

Guest Fatboy

Beef jerky is wonderful stuff and guaranteed to offend the manic vegetarian fraternity.

Years ago, a South African friend of mine bought me back some elephant biltong,

and commented on its aphrodisiac powers. It was incredibly tough and salty, but thoroughly moreish.

Whether it was related or not, my daughter arrived 10 months later. It was either the biltong or the October hurricane biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Alan

------------------

Semper in excreta - solem alta variat

Jerky and pemican were probably the original "preserved foods" in the US West - Indians made lots of it.

In this country they sell it at every grocery, gas station, convenience store (small "mom & pop" food stores). Tons of the stuff. One of my all-time favorite munchies. We have lots of brands available and I wish they were all as good as the one spoken of here. If you have never tried the stuff, you should.

Fatboy - I've never had a chance to try jerked elephant. Did buffalo one time and have made my own from deer and from beef. Also tried to make it from rabbit but there is simply no meat left after you jerk rabbit. frown.gif I mean, if a bite of the elephant stuff will get you a child, think what a bite of rabbit would do. eek.gif

why not make your own

marinade 3-5 mm strips of any meat in half soy sauce half worcester sauce ( plus any herbs and spices you like )for a day or so in the fridge.

put them on skewers and hang them in the oven, a fan oven is best.

set the oven to 50 ish degrees, but leave the oven door slightly open. it should take about 3-5 hours depending on the thickness of the meat.

it is done when it breaks when you bend it.

do a large batch as it doesn't last long when your mates find out how tasty it is..

Guest Fatboy
Originally posted by Newt:

Fatboy - I've never had a chance to try jerked elephant.  Did buffalo one time and have made my own from deer and from beef.  Also tried to make it from rabbit but there is simply no meat left after you jerk rabbit.   frown.gif  I mean, if a bite of the elephant stuff will get you a child, think what a bite of rabbit would do.   eek.gif

Newt - I don't think my back or my heart would take the strain - and after 2 children

'She-who-must-be-obeyed' is unlikely to play ball frown.gif LOL

------------------

Semper in excreta - solem alta variat