Virgin Water - best approach?

Guest Roy M

Guest Roy M

Well, Saturday's the day. After a close season of wrangling and a little help (well, a lot) from the Memsahib, I've finally got permission to fish a really quiet stretch of the river Mole in Surrey. It has not been fished in living memory, although upstream a bit used to be controlled by CALPAC. About 30 ft wide, up to 5-6ft deep, moderate flow. It's begging for a stick float to be sent through.

Considering it's history, how would you guys approach this water in terms of bait, feeding etc.? I'm gonna take just about everything with me, Maggots, worms, bread, Hemp, Tares etc.

Any bright ideas?

Cheers,

Roy

------------------

Roy M

Guest Graham E

Roy, I hope you have a great day. Incidently I discovered a little bit of the Mole about 15months ago. Also never fished and no signs etc. It's in the memory bank for the future, I just wonder. Is your appraoched down a small track/not for cars past a couple of houses and comes to a bridge?

I would try an instant bait first/trotted hemp and Caster.

To see whats about.

Guest Roy M

Graham, No.

Think golf.

Thanks anyways, I'll let you know how I get on mate.

Looking forward to our day on the boat - great crack Graham.

Cheers,

Roy

------------------

Roy M