It's Pike!

Guest Elton

Guest Elton

Well, it's taken me all evening, but I've finally managed to get one rod and reel ready for tomorrow!

I was debating what to fish for, and the timely arrival of the A! condition Shimano Curado reel that I bought off Peter Waller made my mind up. Coupled with a cheap little one-handed baitcaster that I bought from Harris Angling a few years back, I'm going to have a crack at lure fishing for some river pike. I've never had many big fish where I go, but it's a small river, close(ish) to home and will satisfy tomorrow's need smile.gif

I haven't lure fished for ages, so don't expect a blinding report!!

Good luck to everyone else.

Tight lines,

Elton

------------------

Save Money On Your Fishing...

Click Below

Cheap Fishing Tackle

Guest Peter Waller

Good luck Elton, Curados only perform well with fish over 10 pounds, under that, oh dearrrrrr. Have a good 'un. You deserve it.

Guest ALAN FAWCETT

Tight Lines to ya Elton!!!!

In fact tight lines to all who are going biggrin.gif

I was going to the beach with my little girl so i figured on a bit of beach casting but due to the weather we're now going to watch the planes at brum airport! smile.gif

Good job i love my daughter init?

------------------

TROGG (Alan)

Guest Elton
Originally posted by ALAN FAWCETT:

we're now going to watch the planes at brum airport!

I bet they go on the right tackle!!! eek.gif

Elton

------------------

Click Below

Cheap Fishing Tackle

If you know the guy who is headed to Florida (or if you can get to know him real quick) the Bass Pro Shop house brand rods are great. IM8 graphite and you could get a medium speed 7ft rod that would be perfect for lure fishing for around £50. I have 4 of them and really like them.

Guest Elton

The title of this thread should have read:

It's one small pike, a couple of follows and a damned good soaking frown.gif

Still, I enjoyed it biggrin.gif

Elton

------------------

Click Below

Cheap Fishing Tackle

Guest Richard Harvey
Originally posted by Peter Waller:

Good luck Elton, Curados only perform well with fish over 10 pounds, under that, oh dearrrrrr. Have a good 'un. You deserve it.

Hi Peter,i was wondering what you ment re the Curado reel? is that the small low profile reel?

Is there some problem with them because i may get one soon and was going to use it as Elton has with a baitcasting rod on light stuff?

Or is this an 'In House ' Joke with Elton, saying he never catchs Pike over 10lb. ?LOL!

Regards, Richard.

Guest Danny H

Richard, the guys joking, the curado is superb.

Favourite reel of bass anglers in the States and those boys know their onions.

Guest Peter Waller
Originally posted by Richard Harvey:

Hi Peter,i was wondering what you ment re the Curado reel? is that the small low profile reel?

Is there some problem with them because i may get one soon and was going to use it as Elton has with a baitcasting rod on light stuff?

Or is this an 'In House ' Joke with Elton, saying he never catchs Pike over  10lb. ?LOL!

Regards, Richard.

Hi Richard, a quite superb reel. I had picked up a third one at a car boot sale & knew Elton was interested. My other two I have nothing but praise for. One sits on an ABU Predistik, terrific. The other is used on a U.S.A. ABU Conolon CNC561MF designed for lures as light as 3/16th of an ounce that I use for perch. As an outfit it can really cast light lures brilliently. Its a first class reel.