New to Kayaking and need help

Jessica Parker

Welcome to Anglers' Net Jessica. Someone should be along to give you information. About all I can manage is to say Hello.

Do you have a kayak or are you looking to buy one? Sea or fresh water and generally where you are located would probably help too.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hi Jessica ;)

There's much good info contained in this forum if you use the search function.

A useful book, I'd recommend Andy Benham's Discover Kayak Fishing ISBN 1906095221

Assuming you are based in the UK then have a look here:

www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Several 'how to rig your Kayak' pages, SOT Kayak training courses backed by the AT and an excellent forum.

Edited by overrun

2006 Launches: 8

2006 Species: 5

2007 Species: 19

2007 Launches: 42

2008 Species: 21

2008 Launches: 51

2009 Species: 24

2009 Launches: 47

2010 Launches 35

2010 Species 25

2011 Launches 23

2011 Species 20

I am a newbie, Can any one suggest me as to how i can learn how to kayak. If any one can suggest me any good book or ways where i can take training from, would be thankful to you in this regard.

If you are just wanting to learn how to kayak then search online for canoeing clubs near to your location. They will be able to offer accredited courses covering paddling basics right up to safety training. Fishing kayaks are rigged differently to sport kayaks and usually have anchors which are not covered by sport kayak instructions, but the basics of paddling and safety are the same. Better to get a good grounding in the basics before venturing afloat with the additional factors of a rod and anchor.

Regards, Clive

I am a newbie, Can any one suggest me as to how i can learn how to kayak. If any one can suggest me any good book or ways where i can take training from, would be thankful to you in this regard.

Hi , where are you in the country , if your from the west country , i can highly recommend A S watersports in Exeter , Liam is an excellent instructor , and they do venture a little bit into , the angling side of things , from paddling to self rescue ,