The Start

Guest trent.barbeler

Guest trent.barbeler

Hi Everyone,

Just got back from the Trent.

Only one barbel for me, 8lbs 4ozs.

My pal upstream faired better, a 7lb 8oz and a double coming in at 10lb 2oz.

Plenty of chub and bream in between.

Moving further upstream tonight.

Guest Graham E

I just managed the one.............16lb 8oz from the Thames Cut........

Unfortunatly it had big scales and was as fat as a rugger ball. Steve R took a pic. Three of us thought it would go a good 20 - 25lb

Fought like hell for good 15 mins. River carp Love 'em

Well done Lee, I knew you wouldn't let me down wink.gif

Nice river carp Graham.

Well because of the rain I decided agains't Frensham as I remember sitting there one June 16th in the cold & rain & never had a bite all day. Liam 'whinged' so much about going I took him to another local lake where I felt we had a better chance of catching.

The tench didn't want to play & there was a lot of small stuff rising so his nibs decided he wanted to try & catch one of those.

To cut a long story short, scaled down his hook & float size.

Total for Liam 13 gudgeon, 3 crucians 1 perch & 3 rudd oh! and as we were packing up he caught one on the surface. I used up the last of the maggots in the hope of getting him to pack up as when we went this morning it was only for a few hours. Anyway this 'thing' took off through a bush nearly took his rod with it! finally landed it & 'untangled it' let it go & it literaly flew off across the lake eek.gifeek.gif

Finally dragged him away from there at 8 O'clock!

He has decided that I am not a very good angler as I only caught 2 gudgeon frown.gif

If I hadn't had to spend so much time unhooking all his fish I may have caught some more. He had fun which is what it is all about wink.gif

I hope I will make up for it when I get up the river!

lyn

Guest trent.barbeler

Hi Everyone,

Just got back once again.

Only chub up until around 1.30am this morning when the barbel moved in.

My pal downstream had three. A 7lb 9oz, 7lb 4oz and a 6lb 8oz.

I had barbel of 8lb 2oz, 7lb 14oz, 7lb 10oz and a 7lb 2oz.

Yesterday, it poured down all night and as a consequence, the river rose slightly overnight bringing a lot of weed down that made fishing difficult.

Still, all in all not a bad start with the barbel caught being of a good average size.

I hope everyone enjoyed the start. We certainly did.

Guest big al

trent nice to see you did well again!!,ain't it great to be able to talk about fishing again.went out for a few hours with mike,just to wet a line,had 2 small eels,all the best big al eel catcher biggrin.gif.

My 16th is tomorrow, the river will be fineing down but it will still be great to get out & have some R&R if nothing else wink.gif

Will let you know Wed how I got on.

lyn