What state the rivers ?

Guest Ken L

Guest Ken L

My rain guage (an empty dustbin in the back garden) tells me we've had over 10cm of rain in the last two days and I'm guessing that's put paid to the Severn and the Teme for a session tomorrow.

Am I wrong ? If not, has anyone fished the Warks Avon today ? If so, is it up and what's the colour like ?

Inspire me guy's and tell me I'm not going to have to fish a stillwater tomorrow.

Guest Ken L

Hi John.

Normally I tackle the Teme with small spinners (mainly 1/8th oz sonic or vibric rooster tails) in the faster water. If there's a small slack or a change in depth try to work them deep for the chub, otherwise burn em back for the trout. And don't forget that the closer into the trees, the better.

If you have a bit of deep slow water, try something that can be twitched and flicked in one place for the pike. my favorite is a moss boss but anything that wont come back to you too quick should do the job.

Tight lines

Ken.