Barbed V Barbless

Guest fudgey mc fadyen

Guest easternangler

I have been looking into the barbed v barbless debate for a while and find Pikelines Editors comments interesting as it seems to be generally accepted that you get better hook penetration with barbless hooks.Please be aware that I am not necessarily saying which should be used, it's just an observation. I am told that on Perch and Eels this is so much so that the chances of damaging them are increased with barbless,

------------------

Easternangler

Guest Steve Burke
Originally posted by easternangler:

I am told that on Perch and Eels this is so much so that the chances of damaging them are increased with barbless,

You're absolutely right here. It's a subject that I've often brought up on this Forum. Additionally, the whole subject of barbed v barbless has been discussed at length here before.

Rather than repeat myself I'll leave it to newer members to contribute this time around. Anyone interested in what long standing members have written can look up the comments by clicking on search at the top right of this page.

------------------

Wingham Fisheries

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/fisheries/wingham.htm

Guest pikemaster39

Hi all

I always crush mine too far better on the fish and if I loose a couple through it well so be it, rather loose some than kill some, not to mention its far easier to get them out of yourself as well.

tight lines and good fishing

------------------

Andi

http://www.sussex-pac.co.uk

SACN 0286

Guest Gav Walker

hi Fudgey!

I take it you missed my last message coz you haven't e-mailed me yet.(either that or I'm a bigger pain in the backside than i thought I was).The Gruesome Twosome (Boydy and Neilson) and I are coming down to the Ken this week so get it touch if you want to meet us.

Anyway, back to the post.I always use barbed hooks simply because it has never caused me or the fish any problems.If that was to change then I would think about switching to barbless hooks but I wouldn't change just for the sake of it.

Cheers mate ,Gav

Guest Gav Walker

I've just belatedly checked for a reply to the message a few days ago and found that you had!I think we might leave it a wee while if most of the Ken is still closed.

By the way about that monster you "pulled out" the last time-just think yourself lucky I didn't pull out MY monster,youd've got a fright then!

Cheers mate,Gav