Trojans

steve good

oh yeah and use firefox if you havnt got it already, when you have adware on your computer like you have, using internet explorer after getting rid of one or two of them just make matters worse.

Stick with IE. Firefox is just as vulnerable these days.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Hi Andy

Thanks for that, I have downloaded spybot and uninstalled Mcafee.

Hi Colin W

Done what you said and it was what you said,

I have an entry in that host file 69.299.33.21.bin.mcafee.com and 120.30.243.19.nai.com both are mcafee websites

Does this mean mcafee are trying to get more money out of me by installing a trojan and do I remove these 2 sites from my host file

Many Thanks

steve

Hi Andy

Thanks for that, I have downloaded spybot and uninstalled Mcafee.

Hi Colin W

Done what you said and it was what you said,

I have an entry in that host file 69.299.33.21.bin.mcafee.com and 120.30.243.19.nai.com both are mcafee websites

Does this mean mcafee are trying to get more money out of me by installing a trojan and do I remove these 2 sites from my host file

Many Thanks

steve

The entries

69.299.33.21 bin.mcafee.com

120.30.243.19 nai.com

just mean that the URL bin.macafee.com is assigned to the IP address 69.299.33.21 and ai.com to 120.30.243.19

That may or may not be a bad thing, I don't know! These might be the real IP addresses of Macafee servers. However I don't think so because if you "ping" those IP numbers there is no reply, suggesting they don't exist. It might not be anything sinister, they could have just moved. I would just comment out those lines by sticking a # character in front of them. Don't forget to save the file once you have edited it.

I'm sorry to say that I don't think this is anything to do with your problems.

Stick with IE. Firefox is just as vulnerable these days.

you sure about that ? i cant think of a single time firefox has let me down even on "dodgy" websites, you must be referring to that 1 vulnerability on the new version 3 and thats only on dodgy websites so if you go there you pretty much deserve what you get. where as with IE i have been infected with adware from legit sites.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

The entries

69.299.33.21 bin.mcafee.com

120.30.243.19 nai.com

just mean that the URL bin.macafee.com is assigned to the IP address 69.299.33.21 and ai.com to 120.30.243.19

That may or may not be a bad thing, I don't know! These might be the real IP addresses of Macafee servers. However I don't think so because if you "ping" those IP numbers there is no reply, suggesting they don't exist. It might not be anything sinister, they could have just moved. I would just comment out those lines by sticking a # character in front of them. Don't forget to save the file once you have edited it.

I'm sorry to say that I don't think this is anything to do with your problems.

Hi Colin W

Thanks for you help I have got rid of mcafee everything is working and my computer has never been so fast

steve