Try something new?

Michaela

Back again!! Well everyone I have caught my first double figure carp 12lb...had 1 day off went fishing again and caught another!! Went to a different venue had a 10min fight with what i can only explain as a monster (at least 20lb) then lost it just before it hit the landin net! My addiction for catching the biggi's has started. All this was on nutty carp and meat. I will try all of these new things you have said and thanx for givin me some of your knowledge X

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maple peas are amazing - and also very cheap. Soak them 24 hours, boil them in a lot of water for 20 mins, then slowly simmer for another half an hour.

Then stick them in a bucket in a warm place for a couple of days (three or four days is better) until they ferment. You'll know it's happening, because they wiull be emitting gas and leaving foam on the top of the water. By the time you use them, they will feel quite slimy (but not unpleasant to handle or smell).

Carp and tench love them. I understand that the fermentation releases certain enzymes/amino acids/whatever that the fish love.

To use them as hookbait, thread them onto a hair. Or use them as a carpet of free offerings and fish a popped-up boilie, corn or meat over the top.

I've had instant results with uncaught carp using this bait.

And, as I said earlier, it is SO cheap. Like next to nothing - I believe I paid £7 for a 25 kilo sack a couple of weeks ago from my local grain merchant.

PS: Jeepster, your advice on carp eating what you like the taste of is pretty sound. But when I tried giving them what I liked - real ale, malt whisky and vodka - it kept falling off the hook. Any advice?

Fenboy

Fenboy.. Try adding some coke to your vodka it may not fall of then! hehe.

Only trouble is I hate worms (being a sissy girl n all that!) Don't have problems with maggots but worms errrr...

Oh something else to ask, which way do you hook a caster on is it through the middle or the same as a live one?

Michaela - Similar as a maggot, through the "eyes". Also try threading the caster on to the hook so that the hook is totaly buried in side.

[ 06. September 2004, 02:37 PM: Message edited by: *Anthony* ]

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

Guest Ferret1959

jeepster:

i go on the idea that if i like it, the fish will like it too!!! works with black pudding, cockles, peperami, luncheon meat, sweetcorn, hemp etc etc

Obviously the hepm fist. :D:D:D

Guest Ferret1959

Come to my place for a fish and you will be served your requirements at your swim. :)

[ 06. September 2004, 04:26 PM: Message edited by: Ferret1959 ]

Guest sslatter

Went carp fishing with a sea fishing mate once, and he took in the lake for about five minutes, just walking around, and then he took half a loaf of sliced bread, and without breaking it up, chucked the whole lot in about 10 yards out.

Within five minutes the whole place was going off, and we caught 9 fish between us, the best a 13 pounder.

I tried it on the local mullet and the same thing happened. It's now a stock part of my tactics when I go fishing on my local estuary (birds permitting). Bung in half a loaf's worth of sliced bread.

Bread. Very good and (relatively) cheap.

[ 06. September 2004, 04:52 PM: Message edited by: Graham X ]