beaver farm fisheries

in-line

hi all

i was going to go to beaver farm fisheries today.last night i got all my bait ready,removed it all from the freezer to thaw out and bought a ton of maggots. i set up all my rods and packed my new holdall with everything i might need for a day session.

i then thought that there may be some catch reports on the internet. i search beaver farm and found a post on another forum warning people not to go to beaver. i read all the responses and it seems that there have been many people who dislike the fishery.

there were two things that i read that concerned me. the first was the report of lots of dead fish on the surface and the fact that fish were being caught with fungus allover them.

the next was the bad reputation that the fishery has got for tackle theft

in the end i decided against not to go as i dont fancy getting all my gear nicked or being surrounded by dead fish. the post was written last year in march, so things may have changed but im still not 100% sure i want to visit the water and how safe il be there.

i was just wondering if anyone had fished the lake and what kind of experineces they had had.

cheers

in-line

Go yourself with no tackle to scout the place. You can easily decide for yourself that way.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Go yourself with no tackle to scout the place. You can easily decide for yourself that way.

i went down a couple of days ago and the main thing that worried my was the fact that there was only one person fishing on one of the 6-7 lakes that i walked around. the place is huge and has about 9 lakes and its own tackle shop- yet it only had one person fishing it.

weird?? <_<

cheers

in-line

The lack of responses on here indicates that none of the regular members has heard anything about that fishery either good or bad since none of them are shy about passing along information.

That many lakes with the on-site shop and only one angler does sound odd. If the shop is open for business, stopping in and asking about conditions should tell you something.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President