A total dont know how newbie

Akoo

Hi everyone. I am a student here in uk and so interested in fishing. however i really dont know how to start. I heard this and that here and there especially about the fishing and rod licence. Can somebody please explain about those. what kind of rod should i use (of course affordable for student) and where and when could i go fish? what kind of gear should i have? i have this friend of mine who went fishing somewhere in wales and got back with his tent broken. he said its because of the strong wind. and im thinking of doing project on designing fishing chair. is ok for me to ask things for the project because i see the experience of all the members in here would be helpful. thank you. faiz

Hi Faiz. Welcome to AnglersNet.

Where are you based? It might help the others on here recommend some places near you.

Have you ever fished? If not, maybe someone would be able to show you how.

The Rod Licence is £27 for Coarse Fishing. there is also one for Game fishing. You do not need a licence for Sea Fishing.

Regarding the gear, it all depends on what you wish to catch, ie Roach/Rudd/Perch (general coarse fishing) or Carp for instance, or even Sea Fishing. Maybe have a search around on AN and you might find some interesting threads that will help you to choose.

I'd definitely recommend starting with a more general approach myself.

Regarding your project, ask away. We'll help if we can, I'm sure.

Renrag

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue

If the water is salty, it is considered sea fishing.

You probably want to start a topic in the Coarse Fishing section so you will have more people see your question and offer you answers. The more detail you give, the better answers you will get.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President