postieman

Try leaving the box on a cool garage floor in the

shade,preferably with the lid off.

To stop the smell,use clean sawdust or bran which

has been slightly dampened with an atomiser and

change it every other day.You will need a maggot

riddle for this job.

To make them smell a little sweeter you could use

any one of the flavours available in tackle shops.

Inside every old person is a young one wondering what the hell happened!

I recently got on to my local radio station Radio Lincolnshire and the action desk put out on air wanted fridge freazer for fishing .

I go a 3 year old 6' fridge / freazer in great nick for £30 as my old fridge and freezer were shot.

I do keep a lot in the freazer ,hemp, bread (for punch) carp paste as I make it in baulk. and assorted bait's that can be frozen.

Fridge , maggots pinkies , squats tinned meat, /sweetcorn.

All to go fishing at the drop of the hat :):)

MdgFishing

Keeper Of Maggots & Old Codger to Boot

IPB Image

My Fishy Gallery

Best Wishes & Tight Lines

mdgfishing working digi-darkroom.com

mdgfishing@hotmail.com

I keep my bait out of the fridge unless really nescessary.

What I have found is keeping them in a stainless steel bowl lets them last a lot longer . . any heat created by the grubs is conducted to the steel and then the surrounding air cools down the container . .

I use two old dog dinner bowls . . cos if you think about plastic bait tubs are perfect for insualtion . . nearly like keeping maggots in a flask !

Pop to B&Q and get some green minimesh (the sort cut from a roll) think we paid about 6 quid and got enough for 3 riddles (measuirng 24 * 12 inch) knock up a frame and matching box (2) and you are in business . ..

I generally use Polenta bought in bulk from the local Asian stores . . this is dirt cheap compared to a bag for a quid from the tackle shop . .

hey waddaya know I can spell tomato !

I keep the maggies in a cool dark shed to retard progress. I keep an eye on them and add cornflour to absorb moisture.

I always ensure that I do have some turning to casters, a valuable bait.

"Muddlin' along"

If you want to keep maggots fresh AND SOFT buy them in a plastic bag. Squeeze out all the air and knot the bag. You can then put them in the frig. (no smell). The day you go fishing, open the bag and put them in a maggot box. They appear to go into suspended animation in the bag and, depending on the temperature, the maggot will be wriggling, fresh and SOFT and ready to use by the time you get to the water.

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

• 6 years later...