Dropshotting 2

JV44

Bunked off work early and headed to the Thames after stripeys with the dropshot gear,Rusty was due to come and meet me later on his new motorbike as an excuse for a ride out ,Anyways quick trip to see if we could emulate the success of the other day............................

Started really well and by the time Chris arrived i had caught 25 in the 2oz to 12oz range and whilst hypnotised watching a small one try nipping at the back of the lure under the rod tip for any tips on increasing hook ups a massive Perch appeared under neath and by lowering and raising the lure got him swimming around semi interested but that was as far as it went......i started figure of eights with the rod tip in desperation of a strike but no he got bored and descended back into the depths....cue desperate casting to areas where the bites were coming from but nothing ....bugger .

Chris had a go but could do no better and in the witching hour of disappearing light they just switched off....baffling but there you go .

A few piccys

dropshot002.jpg

dropshot003.jpg

Caught a lot of these little buggers look at size of lure and more amazing a size 1 hook

dropshot006.jpg

It was whilst watching one of these play with the lure that the biggun appeared ,Maybe following the lure or perhaps the little perch?? .

Not specimens but again look at the Orange fins compared to Chris Plumbs beasts form earlier Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didnt take my gear up to the Broads Steve....I wish I had!

Budgie i am hooked on the method[no pun intended] and think it will suit you with your health constraints etc ,Any Pike form your broads trip?? one of my first boating holidays was to the broads many years ago ...special place .

We have found that on that section it pays to cast out and slowly retieve the rig ,maybe not purists dropshotting but very effective and possible due to clean gravelly bottom Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Right - this weekend I WILL catch a perch on the drop-shot!

Steve, at least you know where that biggun lives now...go back and make it an offer it can't refuse ;)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Right - this weekend I WILL catch a perch on the drop-shot!

Steve, at least you know where that biggun lives now...go back and make it an offer it can't refuse ;)

I tried he just didn`t want my offer ...going back on Saturday if Rusty doesn`t beat me to it ,i think we need to have a drop shot fishin on the Thames somewhere ? Steve.

Like a nice juicy lob! :rolleyes:

We did try lobs both on the float and quivertip last Saturday but couldn't get through the tiddlers, as soon as the bait hit the water it was grabbed and we had to change in the end. On that occasion the lures were more selective, we still caught smaller fish but they were less frequent and the average size was definitely up. Tonight may have been a good time to try lobs again, there were certainly fewer small perch about but maybe the larger ones were still there.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Can you knock me up a list of stuff I need for dropshotting for next weekend please Steve :)

One narrowboat, weight approximately 15 tons, cost about £30k :D

It's never a 'six', let's put it back