At wot age did you first pick up a rod?

chris mc

Peter Waller:

Was she a lady or not?

'fraid so Peter, (and for GrahamX,) I had to wait another year for someone else.

The funny thing is I still think about her now and again (the fishing one) but I can only ever see a picture of her dad in my head. :confused:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was interested in fishing at age 8 or 9, but never really started until 11, my dad was in to beach casting for mackerel so thats how i started. Shortly after i started coarse fishing, and bait fishing from the shore.

A good fish is not necessarily a big fish. What makes a good fish, is something well proportioned and healthy looking.

HTTP://WWW.MAD-FOR-FISHING.TK

good old keston ,came across my first pedo there :(

errr not literally i hasten to add

this was in 1964 ish ,hope the chap got lung cancer and spent many months dying ,his "brother" too

crystal palace was my next attempt (never liked it)

then the river at maidstone and onto Horton Kirby at 14 when i could afford decent tackle with my paper rounds

[ 19. September 2004, 06:12 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Hello all!

I first went fishing with my dad when I was about 5 (sea fishing) always remember when he caught a eel and as I was holding it some black stuff came out of the middle of it which I always belived to be sh.t :( Then on another occasion my dad caught a sting ray, he nearly had it then it came off my dad looking all pi..ed off and confused :confused: then something slapped the back of his waders and I can honestly say my dad ran ON water, never laughed so much in my life!!

:D

Lovely story Michaela! I also have a good memory of my father sitting on a sack that contained a good sized conger eel that he thought was dead. It wasn't! He didn't run on water, quite! The shore was two miles away.