Unlucky, clutz, what?

Jeff S

Today was my final day of holiday after returning from Spain and the US. In conjunction with jetlag - aka no sleep last night, I decided to spend the day on the river lure fishing. Lots of fish breaking the surface and a great day to be outside. Blanked for the first time since the close season opened. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Now my dilemna... I was taking a few landscape photos with a digital camera my wife got me "just for fishing". :D Slipped it back into my jacket pocket only to find its way through and into the water. :mad: :mad:

I'm still waiting for it to dry a bit before I turn it on. Anyone else not afraid to admit they dropped their D camera in the drink? Does it still work?? :D:D

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

If it was not turned on when you dropped it in and you let it dry out for a good few days it might be alright!!.

It is when it is on, when it hits the water, is when the damage is done.

I know, two mobiles and one sounder box last year alone and this year one mobile and one saved as it was not turned on at the time.

I will learn my lesson one day :rolleyes:

Keith

The more you learn, the more you know.

The more you know, the more you forget.

The more you forget, the less you know.

Count on the worst Dvarcet :( If it just got a bit damp it might not be so bad, but if it was totally submerged....

You might be lucky, but I doubt it

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Two mobiles over the side at Grafham Water and one over the side about 15 miles south of the Isle of Wight plus an Olympus Camedia C-1000 L and a Canon Sureshot all at various times in the drink. The cameras only briefly and lightly but nevertheless worthy of The Monty Python Dead Camera sketch. 'This is a dead camera etc etc........' I'm afraid anything with a printed circuit usually is kaputt even after drying it out. The damage is done whilst just damp. After my third mobile went into the drink the insurance company sent me a watertight floating hard case gratis, which really works. I used an old mobile to check it out (I'm not that daft!) Cameras go into one of those purpose built plastic sealable bags which are weatherproof. You have to take the camera out of the bag to take a piccie but in between it resides safely in its waterproof cocoon. I thought of buying a waterproof camera but they are either horrendously expensive and bulky or horribly cheap and cheerful.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Ah so I'm not the only one! :D I told my wife that I was taking the laptop so I can get some live photos next. She didn't appreciate it though. :rolleyes::D

My initial thought was "Oh S#!T.. hey it floats".

I'll hold out a few more days before I try it again. Come to think of it my daughter dropped our mobile in her kiddie pool and it worked even better after that.

I usually put the camera in a zip lock bag and then in a small back pack with my tackle. Don't take a mobile as I can't be bothered to answer it even when I'm not fishing. :D

Cheers guys

Jeff

Yellow Prowler13

Ask me at 75...

I had thought of that Apache :D It's not very often that I see anyone at all on the river. Maybe I'll take it but leave it off til I need it??

That way when I drop it in the water it will still work. :D and I don't get annoying calls. :D

The camera actually works. I wasn't holding out any hope for it. Will have to be much more careful in the future. :D:D

Jeff

Yellow Prowler13

Ask me at 75...