Question

Jeff S

I'm itching to take my daughter fishing with me when she arrives for the summer. I thought I would try for anything that will take sweet corn, bread, and maybe some luncheon meat. My question is will I need to get her a rod license? I don't think I'll need a day ticket for her since she's 8. I was going to try a #14 hook with a 6lb hook length set up with a sliding quill. I don't think I'll bother with weight. I'm only interested in keeping her catching.

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

Should be fun. Kids and fishing go well together.

Don't you think a little weight might make bite indication a little more positive?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Are you sure Nugg?.

I always thought every rod needed to be covered by a licence, But anyone under the age of 12 got theirs for free!!

I might be wrong though,

Dvarcet!

I hope your little girl enjoys her self,

I know my daughter did, I made sure she caught at least some fish though by letting her fish with a whip and pinkies to start off with, then she moved up to fishing the worm for the larger fish,

last thing you want is for her to get bored after 30 minutes, plus theres less tangles to get into,

Its more important she catch`s something rather then the size.

Best of luck to you both,

And get a picture to show us the look on her face.

Tony B.T Jolley

Newt, I was thinking about some other threads where they were catching only certain species before the bait was able to sink to the other fish like Bream and Perch. Although I'm not sure it matters since I'm really only interested in keeping both of us entertained. As for bite indication you are right.

She has caught fish before. Her first Speckled trout when she was about two. It will be just the two of us and I can't think of a better way to spend a few days.

Cheers for the advice fellas.

Jeff

Yellow Prowler13

Ask me at 75...

quote:

Originally posted by Dvarcet:

I was thinking about some other threads where they were catching only certain species before the bait was able to sink to the other fish like Bream and Perch. Although I'm not sure it matters since I'm really only interested in keeping both of us entertained. As for bite indication you are right.

She has caught fish before. Her first Speckled trout when she was about two. It will be just the two of us and I can't think of a better way to spend a few days.

Don't worry! I'm sure if your dau catches bleak after bleak after bleak, she'll still be as pleased as punch :)

I remember as a lad catching over 100 in one session .. tiny fish but a session I've never forgotten, unlike many other bigger-fish days.

DG :cool:

DG, a hundred fish in a session? How long was the session? I've never heard of bleak. Maybe I can catch a glimpse when Matt Hayes catches all.

We are off to London tomorrow morning to pick her up. I can't wait. I've been after a D camera so I can add some pictures here. Even more so now that we finally will have our visit. Then I'll post what we catch.

Jeff

Yellow Prowler13

Ask me at 75...

quote:

Originally posted by Dvarcet:

DG, a hundred fish in a session? How long was the session? I've never heard of bleak.

Bleak are like mini-dace.

bleakt.gif

My Dad had dropped me off at the Avon at Tewkesbury for maybe 2 or three hours. The bleak were feeding off the surface in shoals. As I said, tiny fish but great fun .... in the end I was almost dapping rather than actually fishing a floating bait ... a fish is a fish! :)

Maybe you don't have many of them ooop North :D

DG

[ 29. June 2003, 09:45 AM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]