Summer pikers, watch the float , PLEASE

Guest Peter Waller

Guest Steve Burke

Danny, as you've posted on your barbel v pike topic I don't believe there's any evidence that shows that lure fishing in summer is harmful to the pike. I've done so for 25 years without any problems at all. A lot of nonsense is talked by people who haven't tried it and reckon that pike are out of condition until the autumn. I covered this as part of my piece on Fishing Fallacies in the articles section of Angler's Net.

Forget the knockers, get out there and enjoy some of the best fishing you've ever had!

Glad you like my Crocodile rod. Despite retiring, I've been persuaded to help on the design side for a new outfit called Advanced Tackle. They have several lure rods, one of which is very similar to the Crocodile. Advanced Tackle make custom-built rods and sell them only via the internet so the prices are very low. The firm is being launched in a few weeks time and there's going to be a £10 discount for those in the Angler's Net Members Club.

------------------

Wingham Fisheries

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/fisheries/wingham.htm

[This message has been edited by Steve Burke (edited 18 June 2001).]